* BTW: Context Standalone
@ 2011-07-12 15:17 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2011-07-12 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

there was a discussion about "Ideas for restructuring the ConTeXt garden?" some months ago (http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/057640.html).

In answers in this forum, "Context Minimals" are still referred - so just a polite question:

Is there any progress calling Context Minimals -> "Context Standalone"?

I don't have strict overview what everything should be affected (wiki, manuals, setup batches?)...

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz]
Pontex s. r. o.      [mailto:pontex@pontex.cz] [http://www.pontex.cz]

Tel: +420 244 062 238
Fax: +420 244 461 038

* Re: BTW: Context Standalone
@ 2011-07-12 15:27 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-07-12 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 07/12/2011 05:17 PM, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there was a discussion about "Ideas for restructuring the ConTeXt
> garden?" some months ago
> (http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/057640.html).
>
> In answers in this forum, "Context Minimals" are still referred - so
> just a polite question:
>
> Is there any progress calling Context Minimals -> "Context Standalone"?
>
> I don't have strict overview what everything should be affected (wiki,
> manuals, setup batches?)...

Mostly the wiki pages and neural paths in a few dozen heavy context
users. The former are pretty simple to fix, the latter not so much :(

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: BTW: Context Standalone
@ 2011-07-28  8:28   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-07-28  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

On 07/12/11 17:27, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> On 07/12/2011 05:17 PM, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:
>>
>> Is there any progress calling Context Minimals -> "Context Standalone"?
>>
>> I don't have strict overview what everything should be affected (wiki,
>> manuals, setup batches?)...
>
> Mostly the wiki pages and neural paths in a few dozen heavy context
> users. The former are pretty simple to fix, the latter not so much :(

So, I just went through and changed a few dozen wiki pages.

What is not yet fixed:

* the actual URL is of course still http://minimals.contextgarden.net/,
and this is also what is used internally. That part is work for Mojca,
eventually.

* when the actual URL becomes fixed, another half a dozen or so wiki
pages will need fixing.

* Vyatcheslav's installer may need updating as well.

* And we have to re-educate the old-time ConText users.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: BTW: Context Standalone
@ 2011-07-28  8:54     ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2011-07-28  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:28:30 +0200, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> So, I just went through and changed a few dozen wiki pages.
>
> What is not yet fixed:
>
> * the actual URL is of course still http://minimals.contextgarden.net/,
> and this is also what is used internally. That part is work for Mojca,
> eventually.

For start, to keep the URL alive, maybe http://minimals.contextgarden.net should just redirect to e.g.
http://standalone.contextgarden.net (or something)
with a message "URL was moved... Please, update your link... Redirecting in 2 seconds...".

Best regards,

Lukas

--

@ 2011-07-28  9:17     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-07-28  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/7/28 Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On 07/12/11 17:27, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> On 07/12/2011 05:17 PM, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there any progress calling Context Minimals -> "Context Standalone"?
>>>
>>> I don't have strict overview what everything should be affected (wiki,
>>> manuals, setup batches?)...
>>
>> Mostly the wiki pages and neural paths in a few dozen heavy context
>> users. The former are pretty simple to fix, the latter not so much :(
>
> So, I just went through and changed a few dozen wiki pages.
>
> What is not yet fixed:
>
> * the actual URL is of course still http://minimals.contextgarden.net/,
> and this is also what is used internally. That part is work for Mojca,
> eventually.
>
> * when the actual URL becomes fixed, another half a dozen or so wiki
> pages will need fixing.
>
> * Vyatcheslav's installer may need updating as well.
>
> * And we have to re-educate the old-time ConText users.
So let's say goodbye  minimals and welcome standalone ?

--
luigi

* Re: BTW: Context Standalone
@ 2011-07-28  9:24       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-07-28  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/28/11 10:54, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:28:30 +0200, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So, I just went through and changed a few dozen wiki pages.
>>
>> What is not yet fixed:
>>
>> * the actual URL is of course still http://minimals.contextgarden.net/,
>> and this is also what is used internally. That part is work for Mojca,
>> eventually.
>
> For start, to keep the URL alive, maybe
> http://minimals.contextgarden.net should just redirect to e.g.
> http://standalone.contextgarden.net (or something)
> with a message "URL was moved... Please, update your link... Redirecting
> in 2 seconds...".

No need for that just yet. But I did add
   http://standalone.contextgarden.net
as an alias of
  http://minimals.contextgarden.net
and updated the header & footer HTML pages there.

Also, rsync now knows of the existence of an extra 'standalone' module
as well as the 'minimals' module which is still present.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: BTW: Context Standalone
@ 2011-07-28  9:40       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-07-28  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28-7-2011 11:17, luigi scarso wrote:
> 2011/7/28 Taco Hoekwater<taco@elvenkind.com>:
>> Hi,

>>> Mostly the wiki pages and neural paths in a few dozen heavy context
>>> users. The former are pretty simple to fix, the latter not so much :(
>>
>> So, I just went through and changed a few dozen wiki pages.
>>
>> What is not yet fixed:
>>
>> * the actual URL is of course still http://minimals.contextgarden.net/,
>> and this is also what is used internally. That part is work for Mojca,
>> eventually.
>>
>> * when the actual URL becomes fixed, another half a dozen or so wiki
>> pages will need fixing.
>>
>> * Vyatcheslav's installer may need updating as well.
>>
>> * And we have to re-educate the old-time ConText users.
> So let's say goodbye  minimals and welcome standalone ?

Well, 'minimals' will probably serve as synonym for quite a while simply
because it's edged in (at least my) mind and I actually have directories
called 'minimals'.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE