* Weirdness with the names of files processed
@ 2011-07-26  7:49 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-07-26  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXist

I met with great strangeness. When I was looking for a mistake in my
source text, so I experimented and at one point I renamed myfile so that
there are "+" in its name. At that moment compilation ran flawlessly. I
know that the use of + in the filename is relatively non-standard, but
even so I was surprised
Now everything works fine, but I decided to send it as a curiosity
rather than to be annoyed by someone.
It's really strange and it took me a long time before I discovered the
cause of the collapse of the compilation.

Unfortunately I am unable to put together a minimal example, which
worked, but it is interesting, that compilation will be OK in two cases:

1. when I rename the file to name without "+"

or

2. when images are not to be found (for example when I comment the line
which contain \setupexternalfigures[directory={flags/}])

Conversely, if "+" is part of the filename, while images are found, the
compilation will collapse and prints a message that I mention below.

I present here an minimal example (with message list), BUT THAT WILL NOT
WORK because they do not have my library, but
although the problem probably caused by my library, so it probably is
not very important at this point because the problem is maybe a bit wider.

Best regards
Jaroslav Hajtmar

Here is my minimal example. When the file called "list-aaa.tex" so
everything is OK. When the file named "list+aaa.tex" and pictures are
found, the compilation fails:

\usemodule[../../t-scancsv.mkiv/t-scancsv]

\setupexternalfigures[directory={flags/}]

\def\flagpicture{\externalfigure[\Flag.png]} %\Flag macro is defined by
my library
\unexpanded\def\tableaction{\expanded{\bTR\bTD\ \flagpicture\eTD\eTR}}

\starttext
\setheader
\setsep{,}
\setfiletoscan{lide.csv}

\bTABLE
\doloopif{\Flag}{~=}{en}{\tableaction}
\eTABLE
\stoptext

And here is message of compilation list:

C:\1da\ConTeXt-MkIV\t-scancsv.mkiv\CTMagenda>context --autopdf list+aaa

mtx-context     | run 1: luatex
--fmt="C:/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/2448223e6631addb83df348d74153606/formats/cont-en"
--lua="C:/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/2448223e6631addb83df348d74153606/formats/cont-en.lui"
--backend="pdf" "./list+aaa" \stoptext
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.1-2011061421 (rev 4277)
  \write18 enabled.
(list+aaa.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2011.07.13 20:14 MKIV  fmt: 2011.7.14  int: english/english

system > cont-new.mkiv loaded
(C:/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
system > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
)
system > no list+aaa.top
fonts > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages > language en is active
resolvers > modules > loaded: '../../t-scancsv.mkiv/t-scancsv'
{C:/context/tex/texmf-context/fonts/map/pdftex/context/mkiv-base.map}
fonts > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
(C:/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.mkiv)
(C:/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.mkiv)
files > readfile > asked name: 'loc', not found
{C:/context/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map}{C:/context/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-rm.map}
fonts > virtual math > unable to resolve name mapsfromchar
fonts > fallback modern rm 12pt is loaded
! LuaTeX error
...ontext/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/l-file.lua:232: bad
argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
     [C]: in function 'find'
     ...ontext/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/l-file.lua:232: in
function 'collapsepath'
     ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/grph-inc.lua:381: in
function 'forbiddenname'
     ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/grph-inc.lua:395: in
function <...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/grph-inc.lua:393>
     (tail call): ?
     ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/grph-inc.lua:750: in
function 'identifier'
     ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/grph-inc.lua:768: in
function 'identify'
<main ctx instance>:1: in main chunk.

system > tex > error on line 18 in file list+aaa.tex: LuaTeX error  ...

  8
  9     \unexpanded\def\tableaction{\expanded{\bTR\bTD\
\flagpicture\eTD\eTR}}
10
11     \starttext
12     \setheader
13     \setsep{,}
14     \setfiletoscan{lide.csv}
15
16     \bTABLE
17     \doloopif{\Flag}{~=}{anl}{\tableaction}
18 >>  \eTABLE
19     \stoptext
20
21

\calculateexternalfigure ...a {figures.identify()}
                                                   \ifconditional
\testextern...
\dodoplaceexternalfigure ...[][#1][#2][#3][#4][#5]
                                                   \dotagfigure
\naturalvbox ...
\doexternalfigure ...value {\??ef \??ef #1}[#3]}}}
                                                   \globallet
\currentresourc...
<to be read again>
                    }
\handleTBLcell ...\bTBLCELL \TBLcharalign {#2}{#4}
                                                   \eTBLCELL \inTBLcell
{#1}{...
<inserted text> \begintblrow \makeTBL 1 1
                                           \nexttblcol \endtblrow
\begintblro...
l.18 \eTABLE

?
! Emergency stop.

system > tex > error on line 18 in file list+aaa.tex: Emergency stop ...

[...]

<to be readChcete ukonźit d vkovou Łlohu (A/N)?  again>
                    }
\handleTBLcell ...\bTBLCELL \TBLcharalign {#2}{#4}
                                                   \eTBLCELL \inTBLcell
{#1}{...
<inserted text> \begintblrow \makeTBL 1 1
                                           \nexttblcol \endtblrow
\begintblro...
l.18 \eTABLE

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!Chcete ukonźit
d vkovou Łlohu (A/N)?

C:\1da\ConTeXt-MkIV\t-scancsv.mkiv\CTMagenda>context --purgefiles --all

mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.52
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --run                 process (one or more) files
(default action)
mtx-context     | --make                create context formats
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --ctx=name            use ctx file (process management
specification)
mtx-context     | --interface           use specified user interface
(default: en)
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --autopdf             close pdf file in viewer and
start pdf viewer afterwards
mtx-context     | --purge(all)          purge files either or not after
a run (--pattern=...)
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --usemodule=list      load the given module or style,
normally part o fthe distribution
mtx-context     | --environment=list    load the given environment file
first (document styles)
mtx-context     | --mode=list           enable given the modes
(conditional processing in styles)
mtx-context     | --path=list           also consult the given paths
when files are looked for
mtx-context     | --arguments=list      set variables that can be
consulted during a run (key/value pairs)
mtx-context     | --randomseed=number   set the randomseed
mtx-context     | --result=name         rename the resulting output to
the given name
mtx-context     | --trackers=list       set tracker variables (show list
with --showtrackers)
mtx-context     | --directives=list     set directive variables (show
list with --showdirectives)
mtx-context     | --silent=list         disable logcatgories (show list
with --showlogcategories)
mtx-context     | --noconsole           disable logging to the console
(logfile only)
mtx-context     | --purgeresult         purge result file before run
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --forcexml            force xml stub (optional flag:
--mkii)
mtx-context     | --forcecld            force cld (context lua document)
stub
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --arrange             run extra imposition pass, given
that the style sets up imposition
mtx-context     | --noarrange           ignore imposition specifications
in the style
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --once                only run once (no multipass data
file is produced)
mtx-context     | --batchmode           run without stopping and don't
show messages on the console
mtx-context     | --nonstopmode         run without stopping
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --generate            generate file database etc. (as
luatools does)
mtx-context     | --paranoid            don't descend to .. and ../..
mtx-context     | --version             report installed context version
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --expert              expert options
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | More information about ConTeXt and the tools that come
with it can be found at:
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /
mtx-context     | webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl /
http://tex.aanhet.net
mtx-context     | wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Weirdness with the names of files processed
@ 2011-07-26  8:21 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-07-26  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 26 2011, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:

> Conversely, if "+" is part of the filename, while images are found, the
> compilation will collapse and prints a message that I mention below.

Short answer: don't use "+" in filenames.

See also:
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20100912.064154.a626488e.en.html
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20100912.112430.677152e0.en.html
section 1.7 on page 11 of http://pmrb.free.fr/contextref.pdf

--
           Peter

* Re: *****SPAM***** Re: Weirdness with the names of files processed
@ 2011-07-26  8:38   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-07-26  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx Peter.
Sure ... I don't use the problematic characters in file names for
obvious reasons. It happened rather by accident when processing an older
file. But I am surprised because sometimes it works well and sometimes
not at all.

Best regards
Jaroslav Hajtmar