* Rebuilding the font cache: segmentation fault 11
@ 2013-12-21 22:02 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2013-12-21 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hello all,

did anyone else experience this:

fonts           | names | globbing path '/Users/willi/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'
fonts           | names | globbing path '/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'Segmentation fault: 11

I struggle with this issue since I stepped over to a new Mac book Air. Is there something tricky in the Library/Fonts directory? May be a subfolder could cause this?

Kind regards

Will

* Re: Rebuilding the font cache: segmentation fault 11
@ 2013-12-21 22:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-12-21 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/21/2013 11:02 PM, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> did anyone else experience this:
>
> fonts           | names | globbing path '/Users/willi/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'
> fonts           | names | globbing path
> '/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'Segmentation fault: 11
>
> I struggle with this issue since I stepped over to a new Mac book Air.
> Is there something tricky in the Library/Fonts directory? May be a
> subfolder could cause this?

there are bugged fonts ... some more bugs will be catched in the next
version of luatex, due in a few days

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-12-22  8:14   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2013-12-22  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

On 21 dec. 2013, at 23:32, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 12/21/2013 11:02 PM, Willi Egger wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> did anyone else experience this:
>>
>> fonts           | names | globbing path '/Users/willi/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'
>> fonts           | names | globbing path
>> '/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'Segmentation fault: 11
>>
>> I struggle with this issue since I stepped over to a new Mac book Air.
>> Is there something tricky in the Library/Fonts directory? May be a
>> subfolder could cause this?
>
> there are bugged fonts ... some more bugs will be catched in the next version of luatex, due in a few days

That is also one of the thoughts I had…
For an intermediate solution, where can I disable the searching of the os-fonts, ie.disabling the OSFONTDIR variable?

Willi

@ 2013-12-22  8:33     ` H. van der Meer
From: H. van der Meer @ 2013-12-22  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Someone some time ago suggested this:

OSFONTDIR="$TEXMFHOME/dummy_for_fonts"
export OSFONTDIR

put it in your .bashrc folder or whatever shell you are using and make an empty folder dummy_for_fonts in $TEXMFHOME.

Hans van der Meer

@ 2013-12-22  8:36       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2013-12-22  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hans, thank you for this suggestion I will try it!

Willi

@ 2013-12-22 10:52 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-22 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.12.2013 um 23:02 schrieb Willi Egger <context@boede.nl>:

> Hello all,
>
> did anyone else experience this:
>
> fonts           | names | globbing path '/Users/willi/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'
> fonts           | names | globbing path '/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'Segmentation fault: 11
>
> I struggle with this issue since I stepped over to a new Mac book Air. Is there something tricky in the Library/Fonts directory? May be a subfolder could cause this?

The Skia font in Library/Font causes the LuaTeX error, when you remove it from the folder ConTeXt builds the cache without errors.

Wolfgang

* Re: Rebuilding the font cache: segmentation fault 11
@ 2013-12-22 12:47       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2013-12-22 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hans, Wolfgang,

thnaks for your solution with the dummy-directory, that worked.

Even better, thank you Wolfgang for finding out the Skia font culprit… Indeed after deleting it database generation worked fine!

@ 2013-12-25 10:16   ` Keith J. Schultz
From: Keith J. Schultz @ 2013-12-25 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Actually, it is false permissions!! I change it so that all have read permission and all went well!

regards
	Keith

@ 2013-12-25 16:27     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-25 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.12.2013 um 11:16 schrieb Keith J. Schultz <schultzk@uni-trier.de>:

> Hi All,
>
> Actually, it is false permissions!! I change it so that all have read permission and all went well!

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2013/075732.html

Wolfgang