* Re: Problems with linespacing - typescript
@ 2011-11-05 16:34 Jan Heinen
From: Jan Heinen @ 2011-11-05 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

 > Regenerate the font database with “mtxrun --script font
--reload” and try it  again.

That was not successful.

However, I changed your code a bit and now it seems ok:

When I use:
    \definedfont[name:allerlight*default at 36pt]

instead of:
    \definedfont[file:allerlt*default at 36pt]

then it works.
Changed:
    file: -> name:
    allerlt -> allerlight

Do I still use "type-aller"? Or did I destroy the connection
to the typescript with my changes?
Maybe important? The "aller"-files are ttf not otf.

Regards
Jannis

* Re: Problems with linespacing - typescript
@ 2011-11-05 17:00 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-05 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.11.2011 um 17:34 schrieb Jan Heinen:

> > Regenerate the font database with “mtxrun --script font --reload” and try it  again.
>
> That was not successful.
>
> However, I changed your code a bit and now it seems ok:
>
> When I use:
>   \definedfont[name:allerlight*default at 36pt]
>
> instead of:
>   \definedfont[file:allerlt*default at 36pt]
>
> then it works.
> Changed:
>   file: -> name:
>   allerlt -> allerlight

When “file:allerlt” doesn’t work your fonts have a different filename than mine.

What output on the command line do you get?

keima:TeX wolf$ mtxrun --script font --list --all aller*

aller                aller              /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/Aller_Rg.ttf
allerbold            allerbold          /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/Aller_Bd.ttf
allerbolditalic      allerbolditalic    /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/Aller_BdIt.ttf
allerdisplay         allerdisplay       /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/AllerDisplay.ttf
allerdisplaynormal   allerdisplay       /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/AllerDisplay.ttf
alleritalic          alleritalic        /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/Aller_It.ttf
allerlight           allerlight         /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/Aller_Lt.ttf
allerlightitalic     allerlightitalic   /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/Aller_LtIt.ttf
allerlightlight      allerlight         /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/Aller_Lt.ttf
allernormal          alleritalic        /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/Aller_It.ttf

> Do I still use "type-aller"? Or did I destroy the connection to the typescript with my changes?

\definefont and \definedfont don’t use the typescript but context’s database where all recognized fonts are listed.

A typescript is simple spoken a list where you specify which file should be used for the regular, italic or bold alternative and with a typescript file these settings are available as module which can be reused for different document without putting the code in each document, all you need is a referenced to the file.

> Maybe important? The "aller"-files are ttf not otf.

Both versions I found are also in truetype format but it doesn’t matter which format the fonts have because context supports both and a truetype font can be also a opentype font.

Wolfgang

* Re: Problems with linespacing - typescript
@ 2011-11-05 15:56 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-05 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2011-11-05 15:17 Jan Heinen
From: Jan Heinen @ 2011-11-05 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>  Where do you got the font files from, I checked the version from fontsquirrel
>  [1]
>  and dalton maag [2] and saw that both use different file names and in my
>  ypescripts I used the names from fontsquirrel.

You are right - my aller und my libertine were from other
website with diferences in the naming.
Now I have them from font-squirrel and cpan.

\setupbodyfont[aller] is now working.

But your example above for the typescript does not work:

>>  \start \setupalign[right,broad]\definedfont[file:allerlt*default at 36pt]\setupinterlinespace
>>  Ich bin Blindtext. Von Geburt an. Es hat lange gedauert, bis ich begriffen
>>  habe, was es bedeutet, ein blinder Text zu wer wer wer wer wer wer wer wer wer
>>  wer wer keinen Sinn. Man wirkt hier und da aus dem Zusammenhang gerissen. Oft
>>  wird man gar nicht erst gelesen.
>>
>>  Aber bin ich deshalb ein schlechter Text? Ich weiss, dass ich nie die Chance
>>  haben werde, im Stern zu erscheinen.
>>  \stop
>>  \stoptext

I don't get "allerlt" and also no "36pt". Error-message while compiling:

fonts>  fallback modern rm 12pt is loaded
fonts>  defining>  font with asked name 'allerlt' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts>  defining>  unknown font allerlt, loading aborted
fonts>  defining>  unable to define allerlt as \**thedefinedfont**

I hope someone knows an answer.
Janis