* missing or ungrouped '=' after 'reset'
@ 2011-03-19 14:01 Reviczky, Adam
From: Reviczky, Adam @ 2011-03-19 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi

I'm getting lines like these since context experimental 2011.03.11 (including 2011.03.18) by using definelayout reset.

check           > missing or ungrouped '=' after 'reset' in line 8 (@@ly2)
check           > missing or ungrouped '=' after 'reset' in line 12 (@@ly9)

Did something change around definelayout and its options or is that just a normal (verbose) message?

I'm using the example on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Layout:
%%%
\setuplayout[% default layout for all the pages
	backspace=1cm,
	width=middle]

\definelayout[1][% set this layout on the first page
	backspace=6cm]

\definelayout[2][reset] % reset to the default layout starting from the second page

\definelayout[5][backspace=6cm] % use this layout starting from  page 5

\definelayout[9][reset] % reset to the default layout starting from  page 9

\starttext
\showframe
\dorecurse{20}{\input dawkins \blank[big] \input knuth \page}
\stoptext
%%%

Adam

* Re: missing or ungrouped '=' after 'reset'
@ 2011-03-19 14:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-19 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.03.2011 um 15:01 schrieb Reviczky, Adam:

> Hi
>
> I'm getting lines like these since context experimental 2011.03.11 (including 2011.03.18) by using definelayout reset.
>
> check           > missing or ungrouped '=' after 'reset' in line 8 (@@ly2)
> check           > missing or ungrouped '=' after 'reset' in line 12 (@@ly9)
>
> Did something change around definelayout and its options or is that just a normal (verbose) message?

The example is wrong, for \definelayout only assignments are valid parameters
while \setuplayout accepts also “reset” for the first (with one argument)
or second (with two arguments) argument.

Valid settings are:

\setuplayout[reset]
\setuplayout[<key>=<value>,...]
\setuplayout[<name>][reset]

The message above comes when you write this:

  \setupfoo[key=value,option]

ConTeXt doesn’t support mixed option where you write assignments and keywords
in one argument and for the unused keyword context gives a error message.

Wolfgang

* Re: missing or ungrouped '=' after 'reset'
@ 2011-03-19 15:43 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-19 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.03.2011 um 16:08 schrieb Reviczky, Adam:

>> The example is wrong, for \definelayout only assignments are valid parameters
>> while \setuplayout accepts also “reset” for the first (with one argument)
>> or second (with two arguments) argument.
> Hmm, but it's the only way it produces the output with the right layouts.
> So what needs to be changed for this example to be in a correct way (and still get the layouts right)?

\definelayout[2][] % when you don’t like the empty argument you can write \...[2][state=start]

and you can add

\setuplayout[2][reset]

but this isn’t necessary.

Wolfgang

* Re: missing or ungrouped '=' after 'reset'
@ 2011-03-19 15:08 Reviczky, Adam
From: Reviczky, Adam @ 2011-03-19 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>The example is wrong, for \definelayout only assignments are valid parameters
>while \setuplayout accepts also “reset” for the first (with one argument)
>or second (with two arguments) argument.
Hmm, but it's the only way it produces the output with the right layouts.
So what needs to be changed for this example to be in a correct way (and still get the layouts right)?

Thanks
Adam