From: Andreas Schneider <aksdb@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: filter and/or vim module in current beta
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 15:43:40 +0200	[thread overview]

On 27.08.2011 15:52, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>> Currently, pscolor doesn't seem to work as color scheme which renders
>> a default vimtyping environment (like my initial example)
>> unhighlighted. Using blackandwhite works.
>
> Fixed. Again, was due to the change in the namespace handler. For a
> working version, you will need to download all the t-*.tex files from
> the dev branch at github.

Works fine now.

>> Here I noticed a second problem. A change to the to-be-highlighted
>> buffer as well as some options (like said "alternative") isn't
>> processed at all.
>
> The change in alternative is handled at the tex level, so there is no
> need to rerun vim

I thought so and indeed it works now ... it was probably coincidence
that it didn't work before.

>> I have to manually delete the vimout, tmp and md5 files first before I
>> actually see the change.
>
> You can also use --mode=force to force a rerun.

Shouldn't it detect changes to the buffer through the md5 sum? What I
meant was: I modify the buffer (add a line, or change lines) but that
change doesn't cause vim to be run again. From what I can see, the tmp
file isn't written at all, if it already exists, therefore the md5 sum
doesn't change, therefore vim isn't run again. Shouldn't the tmp file
always be (re)written, to reflect the content of the current buffer?

>> Also it seems, that tabs are killed. If I manually replace them with
>> spaces, it works.
>
> Tabs are converted to spaces at TeX level: tab=4 gives four spaces,
> tab=8 gives eight spaces. However, there was a bug due to which the
> spaces at the beginning of the line were eaten. Fixed now.

Indeed, works as expected now.

>> Empty lines also seem to be removed, however that appears to be a
>> feature - not sure.
>
> No, it was a bug. Also fixed.

Even better (kinda ;-)).

Thank you for your efforts and the quick bug fixing!

--
Best Regards,
Andreas