* no strut in \framed
@ 2011-09-04 16:38 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2011-09-04 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I get no strut in \framed when using 'offset=overlay' or 'offset=none'.

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\showstruts

\framed[offset=1pt]{abc} % ok
\framed[offset=overlay]{abc}
\framed[offset=none]{abc}

\stoptext

Same for both marks.

mtx-context     | current version: 2011.08.27 13:24
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.1-2011051907 (rev 4277)
pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.11-2.2 (Web2C 2010)

Regards, Peter

* Re: no strut in \framed
@ 2011-09-04 16:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-09-04 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-9-2011 18:38, Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get no strut in \framed when using 'offset=overlay' or 'offset=none'.
>

> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \starttext
> \showstruts
>
> \framed[offset=1pt]{abc} % ok
> \framed[offset=overlay]{abc}
> \framed[offset=none]{abc}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Same for both marks.

indeed, and this is intentionally; use 0pt of you want a strut

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: no strut in \framed
@ 2011-09-04 18:23   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2011-09-04 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.09.2011 18:48, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 4-9-2011 18:38, Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get no strut in \framed when using 'offset=overlay' or 'offset=none'.
>>

>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>> \starttext
>> \showstruts
>>
>> \framed[offset=1pt]{abc} % ok
>> \framed[offset=overlay]{abc}
>> \framed[offset=none]{abc}
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Same for both marks.
>
> indeed, and this is intentionally; use 0pt if you want a strut

Ok. I will add a manual '\strut' to all of my framed text elements then.
I'm forced to use 'offset=overlay' for visual debugging. The frames are
off by default, on only to control the placing/distances of the building
blocks. Using '0pt' is no option here, as this would change the object size.

Peter

* Re: no strut in \framed
@ 2011-09-04 22:39     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-09-04 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-9-2011 20:23, Peter Rolf wrote:
> Am 04.09.2011 18:48, schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> On 4-9-2011 18:38, Peter Rolf wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I get no strut in \framed when using 'offset=overlay' or 'offset=none'.
>>>

>>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>>> \starttext
>>> \showstruts
>>>
>>> \framed[offset=1pt]{abc} % ok
>>> \framed[offset=overlay]{abc}
>>> \framed[offset=none]{abc}
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> Same for both marks.
>>
>> indeed, and this is intentionally; use 0pt if you want a strut
>>
> Ok. I will add a manual '\strut' to all of my framed text elements then.
> I'm forced to use 'offset=overlay' for visual debugging. The frames are
> off by default, on only to control the placing/distances of the building
> blocks. Using '0pt' is no option here, as this would change the object size.

At some point we can consider offset=strut but first I need to look into
side effects.

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: no strut in \framed
@ 2011-09-05  7:54       ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2011-09-05  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.09.2011 00:39, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 4-9-2011 20:23, Peter Rolf wrote:

>>> indeed, and this is intentionally; use 0pt if you want a strut
>>>
>> Ok. I will add a manual '\strut' to all of my framed text elements then.
>> I'm forced to use 'offset=overlay' for visual debugging. The frames are
>> off by default, on only to control the placing/distances of the building
>> blocks. Using '0pt' is no option here, as this would change the object
>> size.
>
> At some point we can consider offset=strut but first I need to look into
> side effects.

I looked at my sources and to my surprise I already add struts manually
there. So no need for any extra setup. Sorry for the noise.

Peter