* metafun shared code
@ 2011-09-19 15:01 Marcin Borkowski
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-09-19 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'd like to have some MP code shared between unique graphics (in MkIV).

One example: I'd like to have drawoptions <something> for all graphics.

Another one: I'd like to have two similar (but different) unique
graphics, and I'd like them to share some code.

How to do these two things?

Best

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: metafun shared code
@ 2011-09-19 15:19 ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2011-09-19 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using code between \startMPinclusions .. \stopMPinclusions while later additions can be accumulated with \startMPinclusions[+] .. \stopMPinclusions

Hans van der Meer

On 19 sep. 2011, at 17:01, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to have some MP code shared between unique graphics (in MkIV).
>
> One example: I'd like to have drawoptions <something> for all graphics.
>
> Another one: I'd like to have two similar (but different) unique
> graphics, and I'd like them to share some code.
>
> How to do these two things?
>
> Best
>
> --
> Marcin Borkowski
> http://mbork.pl

* Re: metafun shared code
@ 2011-09-19 15:19 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-09-19 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> I'd like to have some MP code shared between unique graphics (in MkIV).
>
> One example: I'd like to have drawoptions <something> for all graphics.

\startMPinclusions
   drawoptions(...) ;
\stopMPinclusions

> Another one: I'd like to have two similar (but different) unique
> graphics, and I'd like them to share some code.

\startuseMPgraphic{common}
\stopuseMPgraphic

\startuseMPgraphic{one}
   \includeMPgraphic{common}
\stopuseMPgraphic

\startuseMPgraphic{two}
   \includeMPgraphic{common}
\stopuseMPgraphic

Aditya

* Re: metafun shared code
@ 2011-09-19 15:21 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2011-09-19 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.09.2011 17:01, schrieb Marcin Borkowski:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to have some MP code shared between unique graphics (in MkIV).
>
> One example: I'd like to have drawoptions <something> for all graphics.
>
> Another one: I'd like to have two similar (but different) unique
> graphics, and I'd like them to share some code.
>
> How to do these two things?

\startMPinitializations

    <global defs here>

\stopMPinitializations

Can be used multiple times (no reset of previous data).

> Best

* Re: metafun shared code
@ 2011-09-19 15:29   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-09-19 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dnia 2011-09-19, pon o godzinie 11:19 -0400, Aditya Mahajan pisze:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
> > I'd like to have some MP code shared between unique graphics (in MkIV).
> >
> > One example: I'd like to have drawoptions <something> for all graphics.
>
> \startMPinclusions
>    drawoptions(...) ;
> \stopMPinclusions

Thanks!

> > Another one: I'd like to have two similar (but different) unique
> > graphics, and I'd like them to share some code.
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{common}
> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{one}
>    \includeMPgraphic{common}
> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{two}
>    \includeMPgraphic{common}
> \stopuseMPgraphic

And what about *unique* graphics?

> Aditya

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: metafun shared code
@ 2011-09-19 21:43     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-09-19 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> Dnia 2011-09-19, pon o godzinie 11:19 -0400, Aditya Mahajan pisze:
>> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to have some MP code shared between unique graphics (in MkIV).
>>>
>>> One example: I'd like to have drawoptions <something> for all graphics.
>>
>> \startMPinclusions
>>    drawoptions(...) ;
>> \stopMPinclusions
>
> Thanks!
>

>>> Another one: I'd like to have two similar (but different) unique
>>> graphics, and I'd like them to share some code.
>>
>> \startuseMPgraphic{common}
>> \stopuseMPgraphic
>>
>> \startuseMPgraphic{one}
>>    \includeMPgraphic{common}
>> \stopuseMPgraphic
>>
>> \startuseMPgraphic{two}
>>    \includeMPgraphic{common}
>> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> And what about *unique* graphics?

\includeMPgraphics should also work inside unique graphics. In any case,
in MkIV, MP processing is extremely fast, so uniqueMPgraphics is not
really needed.

Aditya

* Re: metafun shared code
@ 2011-09-19 23:37       ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-09-19 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dnia 2011-09-19, o godz. 17:43:29
Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> napisał(a):

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> >> \startMPinclusions
> >>    drawoptions(...) ;
> >> \stopMPinclusions
> >
> > Thanks!

> >> \startuseMPgraphic{common}
> >> \stopuseMPgraphic
> >>
> >> \startuseMPgraphic{one}
> >>    \includeMPgraphic{common}
> >> \stopuseMPgraphic
> >>
> >> \startuseMPgraphic{two}
> >>    \includeMPgraphic{common}
> >> \stopuseMPgraphic
> >
> > And what about *unique* graphics?
>
> \includeMPgraphics should also work inside unique graphics. In any
> case, in MkIV, MP processing is extremely fast, so uniqueMPgraphics
> is not really needed.

I see, I'll check it tomorrow (it's 1:36am here now;)).  One question,
though: isn't unique graphic better than "useMPgraphic" in terms of the
resulting pdf file size?

> Aditya

Best,

--