* HTML export
@ 2011-09-30 12:29 Charles
From: Charles @ 2011-09-30 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I am new to Context (coming from Latex) and very much like it: very nice
job!

I would like to export my document to HTML. I am only interested by the
basic formatting (like fonts, size...) and sections. I carefully read
this page:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/epub

As far as I understood and seen the font and style switching (like \it)
are ignored. First question: is it possible to avoid that behavior?

If not, it brings me to my second question: I am using the bib module to
manage a bibtex bibliography. The formatting of the reference section is
done internally and include some style (italic) which isn't present in
the XHTML output. How can have it present somehow?

Thanks

Charles

* Re: HTML export
@ 2011-09-30 13:08 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-09-30 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.09.2011 um 14:29 schrieb Charles:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Context (coming from Latex) and very much like it: very nice job!
>
> I would like to export my document to HTML. I am only interested by the basic formatting (like fonts, size...) and sections. I carefully read this page:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/epub
>
> As far as I understood and seen the font and style switching (like \it) are ignored. First question: is it possible to avoid that behavior?

\setupbackend[export=yes]

\definehighlight[strong][style=bold]
\definehighlight[emph]  [style=italic]

\starttext
text \strong{text} text \emph{text} text
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: HTML export
@ 2011-09-30 13:42 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2011-09-30 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2011-09-30 um 14:29 schrieb Charles:

> I would like to export my document to HTML. I am only interested by
> the basic formatting (like fonts, size...) and sections.

ConTeXt’s HTML export is not meant to be presentationally equivalent
to the PDF, but semantically equivalent to the TeX source.

Fonts, sizes etc. have nothing to do with (semantic) structure and
therefore don’t belong into HTML, but in CSS.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: HTML export
@ 2011-09-30 14:11   ` Charles
From: Charles @ 2011-09-30 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK. Then how to make the journal (for example) in the bibliography to be
in an element of the structure rather than only some style ?

Thanks

Charles