* Possible bug with \date in french
@ 2011-10-10 12:39 Romain Diss
From: Romain Diss @ 2011-10-10 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since a recent upgrade of the beta the \date command give "day+ octobre 2011"
if \mainlanguage[fr] is set. Minimal example:

\mainlanguage[fr]
\starttext
    \date
    \language[en]
    (\date)
\stoptext

A rapid search lead me to these lines (560-571) in "lang-def.mkiv":
\installlanguage
  [\s!fr]
  [\c!spacing=\v!packed,
  (...)
  \c!date={\v!day+,\v!space,\v!month,\v!space,\v!year}]

where the "day+" appears. Several lines further (line 670), one found:
\defineconversion [\s!fr] [\v!day+] [\frordinaldaynumber]

but I have not find any file defining "\frordinaldaynumber" (except "lang-
ita.mkii" for MKII). Is there something to fix in the beta or is there
something I missed ?

Thank you in advance.

--
Romain Diss
<romain.diss@yahoo.fr>

* Re: Possible bug with \date in french
@ 2011-10-10 14:14 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-10 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-10-2011 14:39, Romain Diss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since a recent upgrade of the beta the \date command give "day+ octobre 2011"
> if \mainlanguage[fr] is set. Minimal example:
>
> \mainlanguage[fr]
> \starttext
>      \date
>      \language[en]
>      (\date)
> \stoptext
>
> A rapid search lead me to these lines (560-571) in "lang-def.mkiv":
> \installlanguage
>    [\s!fr]
>    [\c!spacing=\v!packed,
>    (...)
>    \c!date={\v!day+,\v!space,\v!month,\v!space,\v!year}]
>
> where the "day+" appears. Several lines further (line 670), one found:
> \defineconversion [\s!fr] [\v!day+] [\frordinaldaynumber]
>
> but I have not find any file defining "\frordinaldaynumber" (except "lang-
> ita.mkii" for MKII). Is there something to fix in the beta or is there
> something I missed ?

does day:mnem work ok?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-10-10 16:35   ` Romain Diss
From: Romain Diss @ 2011-10-10 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-10-2011, you wrote
> On 10-10-2011 14:39, Romain Diss wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since a recent upgrade of the beta the \date command give "day+ octobre
> > 2011" if \mainlanguage[fr] is set. Minimal example:
> >
> > \mainlanguage[fr]
> > \starttext
> >
> >      \date
> >      \language[en]
> >      (\date)
> >
> > \stoptext
> > (...)
> does day:mnem work ok?
I had :
\setuplanguage [fr] [date={day:mnem,space,month,space,year}]
to the minimal exemple and it prints "10 mai 2011".

Don’t know if it is exactly what you meant I should test but it seems to
work...

--

@ 2011-10-10 17:16     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-10 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-10-2011 18:35, Romain Diss wrote:
> On 10-10-2011, you wrote
>> On 10-10-2011 14:39, Romain Diss wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since a recent upgrade of the beta the \date command give "day+ octobre
>>> 2011" if \mainlanguage[fr] is set. Minimal example:
>>>
>>> \mainlanguage[fr]
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>>       \date
>>>       \language[en]
>>>       (\date)
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>> (...)
>> does day:mnem work ok?
> I had :
> \setuplanguage [fr] [date={day:mnem,space,month,space,year}]
> to the minimal exemple and it prints "10 mai 2011".
>
> Don’t know if it is exactly what you meant I should test but it seems to
> work...

day+ was a shortcut for day:mnem (or actually it was there before we had
:mnem) but in mkiv that shortcut is gone

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE