* missing html entities in latest ConTeXt
@ 2011-10-13 19:51 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-10-13 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

When processing HTML with TeX Live 2011, all the entities are nicely
converted into corresponding characters.

With latest version of ConTeXt I get literal "le" instead of ≤ for
≤ or "hellip" instead of ... for …

I will try to send a minimal version (the one I sent with MathJax can
probably serve as a good starting point).

Mojca

* Re: missing html entities in latest ConTeXt
@ 2011-10-13 19:59 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-10-13 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 21:51, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> When processing HTML with TeX Live 2011, all the entities are nicely
> converted into corresponding characters.
>
> With latest version of ConTeXt I get literal "le" instead of ≤ for
> ≤ or "hellip" instead of ... for …
>
> I will try to send a minimal version (the one I sent with MathJax can
> probably serve as a good starting point).

And here is the minimal example that works with TL 2011. Well, the
≤ and ≥ don't work with LM, but they work fine with Iwona (TL
2011). In latest version no entity works.

\startbuffer[test]
Here are some entities like &le; &ge; &ccaron; &hellip;
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups all:html
	\xmlsetsetup{main}{}{*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{all:html}

\starttext
\xmlprocessbuffer{main}{test}{}
\stoptext

@ 2011-10-13 21:12   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-10-13 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Also,
     ["bdquo"]=0x0201E,
is missing in math-ent.lua/char-ent.lua (but char-ent.lua doesn't seem
to work properly anyway).

I didn't do extensive checking of what else might be missing, but the
entity can be found here:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/sgml/entities.html
with a tag "NEW".

@ 2011-10-13 21:36   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-13 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13-10-2011 21:59, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 21:51, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> When processing HTML with TeX Live 2011, all the entities are nicely
>> converted into corresponding characters.
>>
>> With latest version of ConTeXt I get literal "le" instead of ≤ for
>> &le; or "hellip" instead of ... for&hellip;
>>
>> I will try to send a minimal version (the one I sent with MathJax can
>> probably serve as a good starting point).
>
> And here is the minimal example that works with TL 2011. Well, the
> &le; and&ge; don't work with LM, but they work fine with Iwona (TL
> 2011). In latest version no entity works.

weird, i'll look into it

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE