* For Windows users: ConTeXt + SciTe installation instructions updated
@ 2011-10-19  7:04 Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2011-10-19  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

At the recent ConTeXt meeting Hans helped me update my ConTeXt
installation and explained about a new way of getting ConTeXt to work
with SciTe, it now uses external lexers and even spell-checking is now
possible for some languages.

The SciTe tips and tricks page will have to wait, but I made a new
wiki page for the installation instructions. This one isn't linked
anywhere yet and the page title should probably be changed before
that, but I leave that to wiki admins. My old "Simple Windows
installation page" should probably be unlinked or even deleted after
this new and better one has found its proper spot.

For now, the new Windows+SciTe page is at
<http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Windows:_ConTeXt_Suite_with_editor_%28SciTe%29>

I checked the instructions by installing the combo on a "blank" new
Win64-laptop (of the cheap and sleazy type, this keyboard drives me
nuts!) and it works. It is not exactly "out-of-the-box", but nothing a
seasoned Windows user or a half-good admin couldn't manage. I assume
small .bat scripts could be written to automatize it even further, but
I'm no programmer, it is faster for me to do a bit of manual work
instead.

Hope this helps,

Mari
(who'll now proceed onwards to write a ConTeXt 101 suite for
Windows/Word dummies)