* xml and lpath
@ 2011-10-25 10:52 Martin Fechner
From: Martin Fechner @ 2011-10-25 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

I'm testing the possibilities of xml and ConTeXt. I was wondering if it
is possible to make an extra setup for every text-element. So it would
be possible to have an setup in a very flexible way. It should be
something like this:

\startbuffer[text]
<a>
   <b>
     First text.
     <hiding type="begin"/>
     Second text.
   </b>
   Third text.
   <hiding type="end"/>
   Fourth text.
</a>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:textsetups
     \xmlsetsetup{#1}{a|b}{xml:*}
     \xmlsetsetup{#1}{hiding[type='begin']}{xml:hiding:begin}
     \xmlsetsetup{#1}{hiding[type='end'}{xml:hiding:end}
     \xmlsetsetup{#1}{text()}{xml:text} % Something like this is needed
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:a
     \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:b
     \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:hiding:begin
     \enablemode[hiding]
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:hiding:end
     \disablemode[hiding]
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:text
     \startnotmode[hiding]
         \xmlflush{#1}
         \crlf
     \stopnotmode
\stopxmlsetups

So that the result will be:

First text.
Fourth text.

Is something like this possible or is there still another way?

Best regards,

Martin

* Re: xml and lpath
@ 2011-10-25 12:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-25 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-10-2011 12:52, Martin Fechner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing the possibilities of xml and ConTeXt. I was wondering if it
> is possible to make an extra setup for every text-element. So it would
> be possible to have an setup in a very flexible way. It should be
> something like this:
>
> \startbuffer[text]
> <a>
> <b>
> First text.
> <hiding type="begin"/>
> Second text.
> </b>
> Third text.
> <hiding type="end"/>
> Fourth text.
> </a>
> \stopbuffer
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:textsetups
> \xmlsetsetup{#1}{a|b}{xml:*}
> \xmlsetsetup{#1}{hiding[type='begin']}{xml:hiding:begin}
> \xmlsetsetup{#1}{hiding[type='end'}{xml:hiding:end}
> \xmlsetsetup{#1}{text()}{xml:text} % Something like this is needed
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:a
> \xmlflush{#1}
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:b
> \xmlflush{#1}
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:hiding:begin
> \enablemode[hiding]
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:hiding:end
> \disablemode[hiding]
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:text
> \startnotmode[hiding]
> \xmlflush{#1}
> \crlf
> \stopnotmode
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> So that the result will be:
>
> First text.
> Fourth text.
>
> Is something like this possible or is there still another way?

it really depends on how the nesting works out as explicit grouping can
interfere

\startbuffer[text]
<a>
   <b>
     First text.
     <hiding type="begin"/>
     Second text.
   </b>
   Third text.
   <hiding type="end"/>
   Fourth text.
</a>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:textsetups
     \xmlsetsetup{#1}{a|b|hiding}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:textsetups}

\startxmlsetups xml:a
     \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:b
     \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:hiding
     \doifelse {\xmlatt{#1}{type}} {begin} {
         \startnointerference
     } {
         \stopnointerference
     }
\stopxmlsetups

\starttext
     \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{text}{}
\stoptext

maybe it makes sense to have a 'hide' flag built in the serializer (or
maybe some explicit stream related hooks)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: xml and lpath
@ 2011-10-25 13:20   ` Martin Fechner
From: Martin Fechner @ 2011-10-25 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.10.2011 14:20, schrieb Hans Hagen:

> \startxmlsetups xml:hiding
> \doifelse {\xmlatt{#1}{type}} {begin} {
> \startnointerference
> } {
> \stopnointerference
> }
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \starttext
> \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{text}{}
> \stoptext
>
> maybe it makes sense to have a 'hide' flag built in the serializer (or
> maybe some explicit stream related hooks)
>
> Hans

Thank you very much. Now every thing works. It helps me a lot. I am glad
about such possibilities with XML and ConTeXt.

Martin