* grouped commands in MkIV
@ 2011-10-30 19:16 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2011-10-30 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear syndicate,

=============
\def\TR{\groupedcommand \it}
% \def\TR{\groupedcommand \it\/}
\def\Test{{\TR Test}}
\starttext
\Test
\stoptext
=============

produces the attached strange result: The first letter gets put at the end.

Also, is italic correction no longer supported in mkiv? \/ produces an
undefined control sequence. Is there another way now?

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shīʿī Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

[-- Attachment #2: groupedcommand.pdf --]

* Re: grouped commands in MkIV
@ 2011-10-30 20:50 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-10-30 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.10.2011 um 20:16 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد:

> Dear syndicate,
>
> =============
> \def\TR{\groupedcommand \it}
> % \def\TR{\groupedcommand \it\/}
> \def\Test{{\TR Test}}
> \starttext
> \Test
> \stoptext
> =============
>
> produces the attached strange result: The first letter gets put at the end.
>
> Also, is italic correction no longer supported in mkiv? \/ produces an undefined control sequence. Is there another way now?

I can’t reproduce it, \/ works for me with the last beta but a while ago Hans posted a document about a new implementation in MkIV.

Wolfgang

* Re: grouped commands in MkIV
@ 2011-10-30 20:57   ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2011-10-30 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 14:50:21 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I can’t reproduce it, \/ works for me with the last beta but a while ago
> Hans posted a document about a new implementation in MkIV.

Ok, updating to the latest beta seems to solve both issues, so I guess the
reimplementation is done :-)

THANKS!!!

BTW Wolfgang (or Hans or ... ): Since you're the internals expert, what do
you know about

\emphasiscorrection

as in the def to \em. I played around with using that instead of \/ but
not sure what the difference between the two is.

@ 2011-10-30 21:59     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-30 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس
	سماوي حامد

On 30-10-2011 21:57, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 14:50:21 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can’t reproduce it, \/ works for me with the last beta but a while
>> ago Hans posted a document about a new implementation in MkIV.
>
> Ok, updating to the latest beta seems to solve both issues, so I guess
> the reimplementation is done :-)
>
> THANKS!!!
>
> BTW Wolfgang (or Hans or ... ): Since you're the internals expert, what
> do you know about
>
> \emphasiscorrection
>
> as in the def to \em. I played around with using that instead of \/ but
> not sure what the difference between the two is.

it a command that tries to be clever but you can read/try

http://www.pragma-ade.com/preliminaries/hybrid-italics.pdf

in which case no \/ etc is needed

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE