* lua and brackets
@ 2011-11-03  9:15 Martin Fechner
From: Martin Fechner @ 2011-11-03  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I try to call a lua-function, but it seems that it doesn't work if the
parameter contains squared brackets. Here is a short example:

\starttext
	sometext
	\reference[myref]{}
	is
	\ctxlua{tex.print(\atpage[myref])}
\stoptext

Is there a way to mask the brackets?

Best regards,
Martin

* Re: lua and brackets
@ 2011-11-03 11:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-03 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3-11-2011 10:15, Martin Fechner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to call a lua-function, but it seems that it doesn't work if the
> parameter contains squared brackets. Here is a short example:
>
> \starttext
> sometext
> \reference[myref]{}
> is
> \ctxlua{tex.print(\atpage[myref])}
> \stoptext
>
> Is there a way to mask the brackets?

  "\atpage[myref]"

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: lua and brackets
@ 2011-11-03 11:42   ` Martin Fechner
From: Martin Fechner @ 2011-11-03 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.11.2011 12:01, schrieb Hans Hagen:
 > On 3-11-2011 10:15, Martin Fechner wrote:
 >> Hi all,
 >>
 >> I try to call a lua-function, but it seems that it doesn't work if the
 >> parameter contains squared brackets. Here is a short example:
 >>
 >> \starttext
 >> sometext
 >> \reference[myref]{}
 >> is
 >> \ctxlua{tex.print(\atpage[myref])}
 >> \stoptext
 >>
 >> Is there a way to mask the brackets?
 >
 > "\atpage[myref]"

My lua function doesn't just print the parameter. I have a function like
this:

\startluacode
function pagesetup(page1,page2)
     if page1==page2 then
         tex.print(page1)
     elseif page1+1==page2 then
         tex.print(page1..'f.')
     else
         tex.print(page1..'-'..page2)
     end
function
\stopluacode

\starttext
     \reference[myref1]{}
     \page
     \reference[myref2]{}
     \ctxlua{\at[myref1],\at[myref2]}
\stoptext

But I find no way that it works with the two references with brackets.
Somewhere else I have an similar problem when I work with counters. The
lua-function there doesn't accept this

\ctxlua{dosomething(\getnumber[mynumber])}

* Re: lua and brackets
@ 2011-11-03 13:17     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-03 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3-11-2011 12:42, Martin Fechner wrote:
> Am 03.11.2011 12:01, schrieb Hans Hagen:
>  > On 3-11-2011 10:15, Martin Fechner wrote:
>  >> Hi all,
>  >>
>  >> I try to call a lua-function, but it seems that it doesn't work if the
>  >> parameter contains squared brackets. Here is a short example:
>  >>
>  >> \starttext
>  >> sometext
>  >> \reference[myref]{}
>  >> is
>  >> \ctxlua{tex.print(\atpage[myref])}
>  >> \stoptext
>  >>
>  >> Is there a way to mask the brackets?
>  >
>  > "\atpage[myref]"
>  >

> My lua function doesn't just print the parameter. I have a function like
> this:
>
> \startluacode
> function pagesetup(page1,page2)
> if page1==page2 then
> tex.print(page1)
> elseif page1+1==page2 then
> tex.print(page1..'f.')
> else
> tex.print(page1..'-'..page2)
> end
> function
> \stopluacode
>
> \starttext
> \reference[myref1]{}
> \page
> \reference[myref2]{}
> \ctxlua{\at[myref1],\at[myref2]}
> \stoptext
>
> But I find no way that it works with the two references with brackets.
> Somewhere else I have an similar problem when I work with counters. The
> lua-function there doesn't accept this
>
> \ctxlua{dosomething(\getnumber[mynumber])}

wrong thinking .. \atpage and such print back to tex but in most cases
it involves typesetting so there can be anything there, not per se a
bare number

At the tex end you can do:

\starttext

\doifreferencefoundelse{one}  {\edef\PageOne
{\currentreferencerealpage}}{\def\PageOne {0}}
\doifreferencefoundelse{two}  {\edef\PageTwo
{\currentreferencerealpage}}{\def\PageTwo {0}}
\doifreferencefoundelse{two-a}{\edef\PageTwoA{\currentreferencerealpage}}{\def\PageTwoA{0}}
\doifreferencefoundelse{two-b}{\edef\PageTwoB{\currentreferencerealpage}}{\def\PageTwoB{0}}

(\PageOne) (\PageTwo ) (\PageTwoA) (\PageTwoB)

one \pagereference[one] \page

two \pagereference[two-a]
two \pagereference[two-b] \page

\stoptext

And if you want pure lua, you can do:

\startluacode
     function document.pagesetup(ref_one,ref_two)
         local one, bug = structures.references.identify("",ref_one)
         if bug then
             context("[unknown reference: %s]",ref_one)
             return
         end
         local two, bug = structures.references.identify("",ref_two)
         if bug then
             context("[unknown reference: %s]",ref_two)
             return
         end
         structures.references.analyze(one)
         structures.references.analyze(two)
         local r_one = one.realpage
         local r_two = two.realpage
         if not r_one or not r_two then
             context("[unknown pagenumbers]")
         elseif r_one == r_two then
             context("[same pagenumbers]")
         else
             context("[different pagenumbers]")
         end
     end
\stopluacode

\ctxlua{document.pagesetup("one","two")}
\ctxlua{document.pagesetup("one","two-a")}
\ctxlua{document.pagesetup("two-a","two-b")}

but the reference interface is not yet documented

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: lua and brackets
@ 2011-11-03 14:10       ` Martin Fechner
From: Martin Fechner @ 2011-11-03 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> And if you want pure lua, you can do:
>
> \startluacode
> function document.pagesetup(ref_one,ref_two)
> local one, bug = structures.references.identify("",ref_one)
> if bug then
> context("[unknown reference: %s]",ref_one)
> return
> end
> local two, bug = structures.references.identify("",ref_two)
> if bug then
> context("[unknown reference: %s]",ref_two)
> return
> end
> structures.references.analyze(one)
> structures.references.analyze(two)
> local r_one = one.realpage
> local r_two = two.realpage
> if not r_one or not r_two then
> context("[unknown pagenumbers]")
> elseif r_one == r_two then
> context("[same pagenumbers]")
> else
> context("[different pagenumbers]")
> end
> end
> \stopluacode
>
> \ctxlua{document.pagesetup("one","two")}
> \ctxlua{document.pagesetup("one","two-a")}
> \ctxlua{document.pagesetup("two-a","two-b")}
>
> but the reference interface is not yet documented

Thanks, the lua solution works fine. One question: is the same possible
with linereferences as with pagereferences? It's very important for the
critical edition project I'm working at.

Greetings, Martin