* question about linenotes
@ 2006-11-05 12:33 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-11-05 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm playing with (and happy about) linenotes; I'm just running into
one small (?) problem. Here's a testfile:

\starttext

% \setuplinenumbering[location=intext,step=2]

\startlinenumbering
   Long and boring text that has \linenote{note one} no other sense than
   demonstrating a problem with the linenote command in ConTeXt.
\stoplinenumbering

\stoptext

Run it, then comment out the \setuplinenumbering command. Is there a
way of having linenotes displayed correctly even when the numbers are
not displayed because of the step= setting?

Thanks

Thomas

* Re: question about linenotes
@ 2006-11-05 17:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-11-05 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> I'm playing with (and happy about) linenotes; I'm just running into
> one small (?) problem. Here's a testfile:
>

> \starttext
>
> % \setuplinenumbering[location=intext,step=2]
>
> \startlinenumbering
>    Long and boring text that has \linenote{note one} no other sense than
>    demonstrating a problem with the linenote command in ConTeXt.
> \stoplinenumbering
>
> \stoptext
>
> Run it, then comment out the \setuplinenumbering command. Is there a
> way of having linenotes displayed correctly even when the numbers are
> not displayed because of the step= setting?

\unprotect

\def\donoplacelinenumber
  {\the\everylinenumber}

\def\doplacelinenumber
  {\ifnum\linenumber<\@@rnstart\relax
     \donoplacelinenumber
   \else
     \ifnum\numexpr(\linenumber/\@@rnstep)*\@@rnstep\relax=\linenumber
       \doattributes\??rn\c!style\c!color\dodoplacelinenumber
     \else
       \donoplacelinenumber
     \fi
   \fi}

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-11-05 21:20   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-11-05 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 5, 2006, at 6:35 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> \unprotect
>
> \def\donoplacelinenumber
>   {\the\everylinenumber}
>
> \def\doplacelinenumber
>   {\ifnum\linenumber<\@@rnstart\relax
>      \donoplacelinenumber
>    \else
>      \ifnum\numexpr(\linenumber/\@@rnstep)*\@@rnstep\relax=\linenumber
>        \doattributes\??rn\c!style\c!color\dodoplacelinenumber
>      \else
>        \donoplacelinenumber
>      \fi
>    \fi}