* Parameters in \definecolor
@ 2011-11-09 17:37 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-11-09 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

the manual (the "current draft") says that possible parameters for
\definecolor are:
r,g,b,
c,m,y,k,
s,
h,t,a,p,e

While the first three (rgb), the second four (cmyk) and the third one
(s) are pretty obvious for me - rgb, cmyk and greys, I suppose - I'm
wondering what is the use of the others?

Also, do I get it correctly that if I give all r,g,b,c,m,y,k and s, I
will define the same colorname for rgb, cmyk and grey documents, so
that \setupcolors[cmyk=no], \setupcolors[rgb=no] and
\setupcolors[reduction=yes] (or something similar) will choose only the
rgb/cmyk/s components and ignore the others?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski

* Re: Parameters in \definecolor
@ 2011-11-09 18:13 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-09 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.11.2011 um 18:37 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:

> Hi all,
>
> the manual (the "current draft") says that possible parameters for
> \definecolor are:
> r,g,b,
> c,m,y,k,
> s,
> h,t,a,p,e
>
> While the first three (rgb), the second four (cmyk) and the third one
> (s) are pretty obvious for me - rgb, cmyk and greys, I suppose - I'm
> wondering what is the use of the others?

They are explained in the wiki: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Colors

Hans posted also a while ago a list with all parameters and AFAIR a short explanation, search in the mail archive for the message.

Wolfgang

* Re: Parameters in \definecolor
@ 2011-11-10  7:55   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-11-10  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dnia 2011-11-09, o godz. 19:13:23
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> napisał(a):

> Am 09.11.2011 um 18:37 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the manual (the "current draft") says that possible parameters for
> > \definecolor are:
> > r,g,b,
> > c,m,y,k,
> > s,
> > h,t,a,p,e
> >
> > While the first three (rgb), the second four (cmyk) and the third
> > one (s) are pretty obvious for me - rgb, cmyk and greys, I suppose
> > - I'm wondering what is the use of the others?
>
> They are explained in the wiki: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Colors

Hm, I can't find it there...  Only "t" seems to stand for transparency,
and "e" for the postscript color name (or so).

> Hans posted also a while ago a list with all parameters and AFAIR a
> short explanation, search in the mail archive for the message.

I also couldn't find that; I searched Hans' emails for "color" and
"definecolor", but to no avail, except for that "a" seemingly stands
for "alternative".

Not that this is a serious problem for me, but I'm a bit curious, so
maybe someone could point me to the relevant part in the source and I'd
try to understand it from there?

> Wolfgang

Best,

--

@ 2011-11-10  9:04     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-10  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-11-2011 08:55, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Dnia 2011-11-09, o godz. 19:13:23
> Wolfgang Schuster<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>  napisał(a):
>

>> Am 09.11.2011 um 18:37 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> the manual (the "current draft") says that possible parameters for
>>> \definecolor are:
>>> r,g,b,

red
green
blue

>>> c,m,y,k,

cyan
magenta
yellow
black

>>> s,

gray (shade)

>>> h,t,a,p,e

hexadecimal (html like)
transparencyfactor
transparancyalternative
spotcolorfactor
extraspotcolorname (in pdf resource)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-11-12 19:27       ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-11-12 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dnia 2011-11-10, o godz. 10:04:55
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> napisał(a):

> On 10-11-2011 08:55, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> > Dnia 2011-11-09, o godz. 19:13:23
> > Wolfgang Schuster<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>  napisał(a):

> red
> green
> blue

Obvious;).

> cyan
> magenta
> yellow
> black

As above;).

> gray (shade)

Didn't think of "shade", but I got that it was gray.

> hexadecimal (html like)
> transparencyfactor
> transparancyalternative
> spotcolorfactor
> extraspotcolorname (in pdf resource)

Wow, now it's more clear.  Just one question: what are the
"transparency alternatives"?

Best,

--

@ 2011-11-12 19:39         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-11-12 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> hexadecimal (html like)
>> transparencyfactor
>> transparancyalternative
>> spotcolorfactor
>> extraspotcolorname (in pdf resource)
>
> Wow, now it's more clear.  Just one question: what are the
> "transparency alternatives"?

IIRC, they are documented in the metafun manual.

Aditya

* Re: Parameters in \definecolor
@ 2011-11-12 20:31           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-12 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12-11-2011 20:39, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2011, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>>> hexadecimal (html like)
>>> transparencyfactor
>>> transparancyalternative
>>> spotcolorfactor
>>> extraspotcolorname (in pdf resource)
>>
>> Wow, now it's more clear. Just one question: what are the
>> "transparency alternatives"?
>
> IIRC, they are documented in the metafun manual.

and in the pdf spec

none
normal
multiply
screen
overlay
softlight
hardlight
colordodge
colorburn
darken
lighten
difference
exclusion
hue
saturation
color
luminosity

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-11-12 20:34             ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-11-12 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dnia 2011-11-12, o godz. 21:31:02
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> napisał(a):

> >> Wow, now it's more clear. Just one question: what are the
> >> "transparency alternatives"?
> >
> > IIRC, they are documented in the metafun manual.
>
> and in the pdf spec
>
> none
> normal
> multiply
> screen
> overlay
> softlight
> hardlight
> colordodge
> colorburn
> darken
> lighten
> difference
> exclusion
> hue
> saturation
> color
> luminosity

Thanks a lot, they are there indeed!

BTW (not ConTeXt-related): seemigly they are all rendered the same in
evince.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski