* footnotes and linenumbering
@ 2011-11-11 11:24 Martin Fechner
From: Martin Fechner @ 2011-11-11 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

is it possible to have a linenumbering also in the footnotes? I tried it
with

------
\setuplinenumbering[method=page]
\setupfootnotedefinition[location=serried]
\setupfootnotes[before={\startlinenumbering[continue]},after={\stoplinenumbering}]

\starttext
\startlinenumbering
\input knuth

some text\footnote{the first footnote}
more text\footnote{\dorecurse{10}{a very long footnote }}
\stoplinenumbering
\stoptext
------

but only the whole footnotefigure has one linenumber and it doesn't
continue right if method=page is set.
Is there any solution to this?

Greetings, Martin

* Re: footnotes and linenumbering
@ 2011-11-12 12:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-12 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11-11-2011 12:24, Martin Fechner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to have a linenumbering also in the footnotes? I tried it
> with
>
> ------
> \setuplinenumbering[method=page]
> \setupfootnotedefinition[location=serried]
> \setupfootnotes[before={\startlinenumbering[continue]},after={\stoplinenumbering}]
>

> \starttext
> \startlinenumbering
> \input knuth
>
> some text\footnote{the first footnote}
> more text\footnote{\dorecurse{10}{a very long footnote }}
> \stoplinenumbering
> \stoptext
> ------
>
> but only the whole footnotefigure has one linenumber and it doesn't
> continue right if method=page is set.
> Is there any solution to this?

This is not supported. I can imagine it becoming part of one of the
critical edition ctx projects. There is no quick hack and it would be a
specific option to for notes.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-11-14 10:12   ` Martin Fechner
From: Martin Fechner @ 2011-11-14 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.11.2011 13:59, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 11-11-2011 12:24, Martin Fechner wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is it possible to have a linenumbering also in the footnotes? I tried it
>> with
>>
>> ------
>> \setuplinenumbering[method=page]
>> \setupfootnotedefinition[location=serried]
>> \setupfootnotes[before={\startlinenumbering[continue]},after={\stoplinenumbering}]
>>

>> \starttext
>> \startlinenumbering
>> \input knuth
>>
>> some text\footnote{the first footnote}
>> more text\footnote{\dorecurse{10}{a very long footnote }}
>> \stoplinenumbering
>> \stoptext
>> ------
>>
>> but only the whole footnotefigure has one linenumber and it doesn't
>> continue right if method=page is set.
>> Is there any solution to this?
>
> This is not supported. I can imagine it becoming part of one of the
> critical edition ctx projects. There is no quick hack and it would be a
> specific option to for notes.
>
> Hans

That is what I assumed. Is it possible to say which amount of work is
necessary to implement this feature and what period of time you have in
mind (three months, one year, five years)?

Thanks,

Martin