* Change the gap between image and caption
@ 2011-11-25 18:07 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-11-25 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXt folks.

Is it possible to adjust the size of the gap between the lower edge of
the picture and its caption in simple externalfigure command?
By experimenting I found that this gap can be set in a floating
environment (placefigure)  using "inbetween" parameter.
Is there possibilities do gap somehow larger or smaller in
externalfigure environment?  See minimal example.
Thanx Jaroslav

\starttext

\setupcaptions[number=no,style=\ssxx,inbetween={\blank[1cm]}]
\setupfloats[spacebefore=none, spaceafter=none] %

\input tufte

\placefigure[here]{Here is farther caption}
{\externalfigure[mill][type=jpg,metod=jpg,width=5cm,frame=on]}

\input tufte

\page

\startTEXpage
    \startcombination[3*1]
      {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on]}{This caption has to be more
distanced.}
      {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on]}{This title has yet to be more
distanced.}
      {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on]}{This label is to be closer to
figure.}
    \stopcombination
\stopTEXpage

\stoptext

* Re: Change the gap between image and caption
@ 2011-11-25 18:45 ` Christian
From: Christian @ 2011-11-25 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, since you are in a "startcombinations" block and not a figure environement, try this:

\setupcombinations[inbetween={\blank[1cm]}]

@ 2011-11-25 19:54   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-11-25 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Christian.
Thank you. For the entire block of images it works well. It is
sufficient at this time.
I just wanted to know how to do it if I do not take pictures inside
startcombinations - stopcombinations environment

Jaroslav

@ 2011-11-25 20:02     ` Christian
From: Christian @ 2011-11-25 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

you can also play around with included blanks. I don't know if this is a clean way, but it's working:

\setupcaptions[number=no,style=\ssxx]
\setupfloats[spacebefore=none, spaceafter=none] %
\starttext
\input tufte

\startplacefigure
    \startcombination[3*1]
      {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on,width=.3\textwidth]}{{\blank[.2cm]}This caption has to be more distanced.}
      {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on,width=.3\textwidth]}{{\blank[1cm]}This title has yet to be more distanced.}
      {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on,width=.3\textwidth]}{This label is to be closer to figure.}
    \stopcombination
\stopplacefigure
\input tufte
\stoptext

@ 2011-11-25 22:51       ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-11-25 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx Christian.
I dont konw it this is clean way too, but it works fine and emergency it
is certainly applicable :-)
Jaroslav