* Columnsets: bug in current beta?
@ 2011-11-26 21:29 Peter Park Nelson
From: Peter Park Nelson @ 2011-11-26 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

Following the example in the Columns manual, the following works with
TeXLive 2011 but not with the current context suite beta (25 nov 2011):

\definecolumnset[body][n=2]
\definecolumnsethsize{body}{1}{1}\One
\definecolumnsethsize{body}{1}{2}\Two

\starttext
\startcolumnset[body]

\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}

\startbuffer
\placefigure[btlr]{A placeholder
figure.}{\externalfigure[widefigure][width=\Two]}
\stopbuffer

\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}

\getbuffer

\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

Using the current beta, the figure only cleanly spans one column --
vertical space for the graphic and caption is reserved in one column; in
the other column, text flows on beneath the graphic, which is superimposed.

Using TeXLive 2011, the wide figure spans both columns correctly.

Thanks,
PPN
--
Peter Park Nelson
peter.park.nelson@gmail.com

* Re: Columnsets: bug in current beta?
@ 2011-11-27 18:58 ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-11-27 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Peter.
I have a similar experience. If image width is greater than the width of
one column and at the same time is a picture with the caption then text
does not wrap around the image. If the picture is without caption (for
example \placefigure[btrl,none]{}{...}) then everything works fine.
I deal this with emergency so that the caption I incorporate into the
PDF picture and then place figure without caption.

Jaroslav

@ 2011-11-29 21:56   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-29 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27-11-2011 19:58, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello Peter.
> I have a similar experience. If image width is greater than the width of
> one column and at the same time is a picture with the caption then text
> does not wrap around the image. If the picture is without caption (for
> example \placefigure[btrl,none]{}{...}) then everything works fine.
> I deal this with emergency so that the caption I incorporate into the
> PDF picture and then place figure without caption.

I'm not sure when/how this was introduced (too many changes in the mkiv
code). I have a patch but it needs checking with the normal (one column)
mode so some patience is needed.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE