* Broken textbackground
@ 2011-12-18 22:49 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-12-18 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

For your information it seems that in the latest beta, textbackground is broken: minimal example below, and the output can be found here:
	http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4316076/textbackground-bug.pdf
Best regards: OK

%%% begin textbackground-bug.tex
\starttext

\definetextbackground[test][backgroundcolor=lightgray]

\starttextbackground[test]
\input ward
\input ward
\stoptextbackground

\stoptext
%%% begin textbackground-bug.tex

* Re: Broken textbackground
@ 2011-12-19  8:14 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-12-19  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

If this can be of any help for you to localize the origin of the bug with the latest beta (ConTeXt  ver: 2011.12.18 15:57 MKIV), I would like to report that when a \framedtext is used by its own, the result is as expected, while when it follows \startbackground …. \stopbackground, no \framedtext appears (thee rsult is the same when \framedtext is before textbackground).
The example is:
\starttext

\definetextbackground[test][backgroundcolor=lightgray]

\starttextbackground[test]
\input ward
\input ward
\stoptextbackground

\startframedtext

\input knuth

\stopframedtext

\stoptext

Best regards: OK

@ 2011-12-19  8:50   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-12-19  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-12-2011 09:14, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> If this can be of any help for you to localize the origin of the bug with the latest beta (ConTeXt  ver: 2011.12.18 15:57 MKIV), I would like to report that when a \framedtext is used by its own, the result is as expected, while when it follows \startbackground …. \stopbackground, no \framedtext appears (thee rsult is the same when \framedtext is before textbackground).
> The example is:
> \starttext
>
> \definetextbackground[test][backgroundcolor=lightgray]
>
> \starttextbackground[test]
> \input ward
> \input ward
> \stoptextbackground
>
> \startframedtext
>
> \input knuth
>
> \stopframedtext
>
> \stoptext

These two mechanisms are unrelated. The reported problem had to do with
reorganizing and cleaning up some low level helper. Actually, most
recently reported bugs relate to this effort.

There is already a fix uploaded.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE