* three issues with streams
@ 2011-12-30  6:38 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2011-12-30  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

after tweaking with the example provided by Wolfgang
(http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/063353.html), I tried to
generate a bilingual poetry document with original Greek text and facing
Spanish translation (using ConTeXt stable as provided by TL2011).

Here is the basic structure:

	\enabletrackers[streams.flushing]
	\def\itit#1{{\language[it]\em#1}}
	\starttext
	\completecontent

	\startoutputstream[agr]

	Spanish poems including many chapters

	\enableoutputstream[es]

	Spanish poems including many chapters

	\disableoutputstream
	\stopoutputstream
	\synchronizestreams[agr,es]
	\page \flushoutputstream[agr]
	\page \flushoutputstream[es]
	\stoptext

My questions are:

I include the whole Greek text and the Spanish text after it. I expect
ConTeXt to synchonize both streams in titles and paragraphs, but all I
get is the Greek stream typeset before the Spanish stream. Is there no
way to get ConTeXt synchronizing both streams automatically?

How can I enable \startlinenumbering ... \stoplinenumbering in the poems
themselves? It doesn't seem to work, since it gives an error
(\startlines ... \stoplines works fine).

How can I get that elements on the left page (or outputstream[agr]) are
independent from the right page [or outputstream[es])? I mean that
sectioning numbers and footnote numbers are independent in each stream,
i.e, chapter 1 on left page has a chapter 1 on facing page.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-12-30  6:38 UTC | newest]