* font-otn.lua:1809: attempt to index local 'chainlookup' (a nil value)
@ 2012-01-14 13:12 Simo Ojala
From: Simo Ojala @ 2012-01-14 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I am just trying to quickly report this without joining mailing list,
hopefully it works.

I am getting strange error reports with hebrew words and ConTeXt IV.
Error is following: "error:
/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/font-otn.lua:1809: attempt to index
local 'chainlookup' (a nil value)". My suspicion is that this could be
some regression bug introduced to ConTeXt IV. This is because I could
not think anything I have done wrong and my testing file is very
simple. I also have earlier standalone ConTeXt IV that does not give
this error. Exact details can be found from  tex/stackexhange where I
initially started to ask around. I post this thing here only to make
sure that this catches the attention of the right people.

Question in tex/stackexchange:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/41052/hebrew-words-causes-strange-errors-with-context-iv-luatex

Thank you,

Simo Ojala

* Re: font-otn.lua:1809: attempt to index local 'chainlookup' (a nil value)
@ 2012-01-16 11:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-01-16 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14-1-2012 14:12, Simo Ojala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just trying to quickly report this without joining mailing list,
> hopefully it works.
>
> I am getting strange error reports with hebrew words and ConTeXt IV.
> Error is following: "error:
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/font-otn.lua:1809: attempt to index
> local 'chainlookup' (a nil value)". My suspicion is that this could be
> some regression bug introduced to ConTeXt IV. This is because I could
> not think anything I have done wrong and my testing file is very
> simple. I also have earlier standalone ConTeXt IV that does not give
> this error. Exact details can be found from  tex/stackexhange where I
> initially started to ask around. I post this thing here only to make
> sure that this catches the attention of the right people.
>
> Question in tex/stackexchange:
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/41052/hebrew-words-causes-strange-errors-with-context-iv-luatex

line 1032 in font-otf.lua is:

   if features and supported(features) then

but that should be

   if not features or supported(features) then

The check for supported was introduced a while ago after some discussion
between Khaled and me regarding interference between apple font specific
stuff that interfered badly with regular features.

(You can patch that line but also need to wipe the font cache then or
also set otf.version = 2.736 in the same file which will do that
automatically.)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-01-16 11:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-01-16 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14-1-2012 14:12, Simo Ojala wrote:

with respect to rtl, use:

\setupalign[r2l]

and not \textdir or \pardir (these might even become dummies some day).

I've added

\definefontfeature
   [hebrew]
   [arabic]