* Cross-document referencing not working!
@ 2012-02-08 15:31 Verhaag, G.C.H.M.
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Verhaag, G.C.H.M. @ 2012-02-08 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi ConTeXt User's,

I'm struggling with cross-document referencing, but can't get it working!

When I for example use \useexternaldocument[tst][test][A test external]
together with \from[tst] the test.pdf file is correctly opened in
Acrobat Reader.

But the \in{section}[tst::crossref] doesn't open the test.pdf file at
all?! The jump to the 'crossref' section doesn't seem to work! Please
take a look at the two included test files.

I first compile test.tex followed by the compilation of crossref.tex.
Currently I use: ConTeXt  ver: 2012.01.25 14:16 MKIV  fmt: 2012.2.7
int: english/english.

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 387 bytes --]

% Test file

\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
   style=,
   color=blue,
   contrastcolor=,
   menu=on,
   title=Cross referencing Test External File,
   author=Gerard Verhaag]

\starttext

\chapter[cross]{Cross referencing}

\section[abc]{Abc}

\dorecurse{70}
  {A test of cross referencing to exernal document!}

\section[crossref]{Def}

Another section starts right here!

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: crossref.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 331 bytes --]

% Crossref file

\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
   style=,
   color=blue,
   contrastcolor=,
   menu=on,
   title=Cross referencing Test File,
   author=Gerard Verhaag]

\starttext

\useexternaldocument[tst][test][Een test external] % External file called: test.tex

Most \from[tst] from \in{chapter}[tst::crossref].

\stoptext

* Re: Cross-document referencing not working!
@ 2012-02-08 23:30 ` Pontus Lurcock
From: Pontus Lurcock @ 2012-02-08 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed 08 Feb 2012, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:

> When I for example use \useexternaldocument[tst][test][A test
> external] together with \from[tst] the test.pdf file is correctly
> opened in Acrobat Reader.
>
> But the \in{section}[tst::crossref] doesn't open the test.pdf file
> at all?! The jump to the 'crossref' section doesn't seem to work!
> Please take a look at the two included test files.
>
> I first compile test.tex followed by the compilation of
> crossref.tex. Currently I use: ConTeXt  ver: 2012.01.25 14:16 MKIV
> fmt: 2012.2.7  int: english/english.

I get the same behaviour as you (context MkIV 2011.10.01, Adobe Reader
9.4, Linux) -- reference to file works, reference to section doesn't.
But I don't know how to fix it.

Pont

* Re: Cross-document referencing not working!
@ 2012-02-09  9:43   ` Verhaag, G.C.H.M.
From: Verhaag, G.C.H.M. @ 2012-02-09  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 02/09/2012 12:30 AM, Pontus Lurcock wrote:
> On Wed 08 Feb 2012, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:
>

>> When I for example use \useexternaldocument[tst][test][A test
>> external] together with \from[tst] the test.pdf file is correctly
>> opened in Acrobat Reader.
>>
>> But the \in{section}[tst::crossref] doesn't open the test.pdf file
>> at all?! The jump to the 'crossref' section doesn't seem to work!
>> Please take a look at the two included test files.
>>
>> I first compile test.tex followed by the compilation of
>> crossref.tex. Currently I use: ConTeXt  ver: 2012.01.25 14:16 MKIV
>> fmt: 2012.2.7  int: english/english.
>>
> I get the same behaviour as you (context MkIV 2011.10.01, Adobe Reader
> 9.4, Linux) -- reference to file works, reference to section doesn't.
> But I don't know how to fix it.
>
> Pont

Thanks for confirming the problem, so it looks like a bug?!

Nobody else has reported this problem, does that mean that this feature
is not being used, or has it been working in the past?

Hopefully Hans reads this mail, and can fix the problem. I want to use
the feature in a new project, and noticed it while doing some tests!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag

* Re: Cross-document referencing not working!
@ 2012-02-10 10:59 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-02-10 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Verhaag,

I just tested your example files: both with mkiv and mkii, ConTeXt version 2011.11.29, the cross-referencing does work as expected in Adobe Reader. However when clicking to the link « Een test external », Adobe opens the external file and closes the original file (maybe this is the wanted behavior…).

With newer versions of ConTeXt I have are some other problems and I did not test your example. So if you are in a hurry, you may use ConTeXt version 2011.11.29.

Best regards: OK

@ 2012-02-11  9:31   ` Verhaag, G.C.H.M.
From: Verhaag, G.C.H.M. @ 2012-02-11  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 02/10/2012 11:59 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Verhaag,
>
> I just tested your example files: both with mkiv and mkii, ConTeXt version 2011.11.29, the cross-referencing does work as expected in Adobe Reader. However when clicking to the link « Een test external », Adobe opens the external file and closes the original file (maybe this is the wanted behavior…).
>
> With newer versions of ConTeXt I have are some other problems and I did not test your example. So if you are in a hurry, you may use ConTeXt version 2011.11.29.
>
> Best regards: OK
>
> On 8 févr. 2012, at 16:31, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:
>

>> Hi ConTeXt User's,
>>
>> I'm struggling with cross-document referencing, but can't get it working!
>>
>> When I for example use \useexternaldocument[tst][test][A test external] together with \from[tst] the test.pdf file is correctly opened in Acrobat Reader.
>>
>> But the \in{section}[tst::crossref] doesn't open the test.pdf file at all?! The jump to the 'crossref' section doesn't seem to work! Please take a look at the two included test files.
>>
>> I first compile test.tex followed by the compilation of crossref.tex. Currently I use: ConTeXt  ver: 2012.01.25 14:16 MKIV  fmt: 2012.2.7  int: english/english.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gerard Verhaag
>>
>> <test.tex><crossref.tex>___________________________________________________________________________________

>> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

Returning to an older version is not really an option because of other
features not working!

But maybe it's not a ConTeXt problem but an Acrobat Reader problem.

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag

* m-database: setting text style for every first line of a table, and text/cell style for specific parts of the table?
@ 2012-05-05 20:20 ` Sander Maijers
From: Sander Maijers @ 2012-05-05 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everyone,

I did manage to get a background color for the first row. This is a snippet that I use

\defineseparatedlist
		  [CSV]
		  [separator=comma,
		   first={\bTR[align=middle,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]},last=\eTR,
		   left=\bTD,right=\eTD,
		   before={\bTABLE[align=middle]},after=\eTABLE]

\processseparatedfile[CSV][/tmp/CSV.csv]

Also, can you think of a way to specify the cell and text style for individual cells with processseparatedfile?

Regards,
Sander Maijers