* mixing Greek and English texts
@ 2012-02-12  2:16 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-02-12  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I would like to typeset a classical Greek text that contains a
Greek-English dictionary and other explanations in English with Greek
passages.

In order to get proper hyphenation, I should define English as main
language and tag all Greek in the text. This is a lot of work.

The whole thing would be to apply command \agr when
range={greekandcoptic,greekextended}.

How could I do that?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.oudeis.tk

* Re: mixing Greek and English texts
@ 2012-02-12  8:04 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-02-12  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/12/2012 03:16 AM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to typeset a classical Greek text that contains a
> Greek-English dictionary and other explanations in English with Greek
> passages.
>
> In order to get proper hyphenation, I should define English as main
> language and tag all Greek in the text. This is a lot of work.
>
> The whole thing would be to apply command \agr when
> range={greekandcoptic,greekextended}.
>
> How could I do that?
>
> Thanks for your help,

When you go to archive.contextgarden.net and type "Greek hyphenation"
into the search box, this is the first hit (after your own message):

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20101221.180435.8bcae05e.en.html

Thomas

* Re: mixing Greek and English texts
@ 2012-02-12 11:56   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-02-12 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/12/2012 09:04 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On 02/12/2012 03:16 AM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> The whole thing would be to apply command \agr when
>> range={greekandcoptic,greekextended}.
>>
>> How could I do that?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>
> When you go to archive.contextgarden.net and type "Greek hyphenation"
> into the search box, this is the first hit (after your own message):
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20101221.180435.8bcae05e.en.html

Thanks for your help, Thomas.

BTW, which are the commands for modern polytonic and monotonic Greek
hyphenation?

Thanks again for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2012-02-12 12:23     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-02-12 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/12/2012 12:56 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> BTW, which are the commands for modern polytonic and monotonic Greek
> hyphenation?

I don't think we have support for modern Greek in ConTeXt now. Someone
would have to prepare the patterns and the punctuation rules, and here
it would make sense to provide a complete set of translations for
sections, labels, etc. So this is a task waiting for a volunteer.

Thomas

* Re: mixing Greek and English texts
@ 2012-02-12 15:03       ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-02-12 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 02/12/2012 12:56 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> BTW, which are the commands for modern polytonic and monotonic Greek
>> hyphenation?
>
> I don't think we have support for modern Greek in ConTeXt now. Someone
> would have to prepare the patterns and the punctuation rules, and here
> it would make sense to provide a complete set of translations for
> sections, labels, etc. So this is a task waiting for a volunteer.

I think I could contribute myself,, but first I have to learn how to add
a new language.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--