* \setuplist[alternative=g] bug with interactive document
@ 2012-02-19 22:00 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-02-19 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

I have a with \setuplist[alternative=g] in an interactive document.

Here you have the minimal sample:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupcombinedlist[content][interaction=all]
\setuplist[part][alternative=g]
\setuplist[chapter][alternative=d]
\starttext
\completecontent
\part{part}
\chapter{chapter}
\part{part}
\stoptext

The second \part should start a new line. I now that you told me that I
was misusing “alternative=g”, because it was meant for interactive
documents (but this is exactly what I have).

Sorry, but since I got no reply, I'm still wondering whether this is a
bug or an illegitimate use of “alternative=g”.

Would you be so kind to explain what is wrong here.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \setuplist[alternative=g] bug with interactive document
@ 2012-02-20  9:58 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-02-20  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.02.2012 um 23:00 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I have a with \setuplist[alternative=g] in an interactive document.
>
> Here you have the minimal sample:
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \setupcombinedlist[content][interaction=all]
> \setuplist[part][alternative=g]
> \setuplist[chapter][alternative=d]
> \starttext
> \completecontent
> \part{part}
> \chapter{chapter}
> \part{part}
> \stoptext
>
> The second \part should start a new line. I now that you told me that I
> was misusing “alternative=g”, because it was meant for interactive
> documents (but this is exactly what I have).
>
> Sorry, but since I got no reply, I'm still wondering whether this is a
> bug or an illegitimate use of “alternative=g”.
>
> Would you be so kind to explain what is wrong here.

The alternative d put’s all entries in a single line and this works perfect when
you have a parent with alternative a–c. The alternatives e–g have also this
requirement but I guess they aren’t meant to be used in combination with
other alternatives.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuplist[alternative=g] bug with interactive document
@ 2012-02-20 11:56   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-02-20 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20-2-2012 10:58, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> The alternative d put’s all entries in a single line and this works perfect when
> you have a parent with alternative a–c. The alternatives e–g have also this
> requirement but I guess they aren’t meant to be used in combination with
> other alternatives.

e-g are mostly meant for screen documents and for instance have framed
content (for menus etc) and such lists are normally not nested

in a-c one can do things like pagenumber=no to simplify a list

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-02-20 20:15     ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-02-20 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/20/2012 12:56 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 20-2-2012 10:58, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> The alternative d put’s all entries in a single line and this works perfect when
>> you have a parent with alternative a–c. The alternatives e–g have also this
>> requirement but I guess they aren’t meant to be used in combination with
>> other alternatives.
>
> e-g are mostly meant for screen documents and for instance have framed
> content (for menus etc) and such lists are normally not nested
>
> in a-c one can do things like pagenumber=no to simplify a list.

Many thanks, Wolfgang and Hans, for your replies.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk