* Linebreak in a framed for a chapter setuphead
@ 2012-02-29 11:19 Charles
From: Charles @ 2012-02-29 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I have a problem with the following definition of chapter header. I
would like to have the chapter title on the left side and the number,
with higher size, on the right side.

The \mychap seems to work while used directly.

Any solution?

Thanks

Charles

\def\mychap#1#2{\framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on]{\tfa#2\hfill\tfd#1}}

\setuphead[chapter][command=\mychap]

\starttext

\chapter{INTRODUCTION}

\mychap{2}{MANUAL}

\stoptext

* Re: Linebreak in a framed for a chapter setuphead
@ 2012-02-29 11:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-02-29 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.02.2012 um 12:19 schrieb Charles:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the following definition of chapter header. I would like to have the chapter title on the left side and the number, with higher size, on the right side.
>
> The \mychap seems to work while used directly.
>
> Any solution?

\define[2]\mychap
  {\framed
     [frame=off,width=broad,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on,offset=0pt]
     {\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{#1}%
      \vtop{\hsize\dimexpr\hsize-\wd\scratchbox\relax#2}%
      \box\scratchbox}}

\setuphead[chapter][command=\mychap,textstyle=\tfa,numberstyle=\tfd]

\starttext

\chapter{INTRODUCTION}

\chapter{Text and more text and even more text and still more text till it stops}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Linebreak in a framed for a chapter setuphead
@ 2012-02-29 15:05   ` Charles
From: Charles @ 2012-02-29 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 29/02/2012 12:42, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :

> Am 29.02.2012 um 12:19 schrieb Charles:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with the following definition of chapter header. I would like to have the chapter title on the left side and the number, with higher size, on the right side.
>>
>> The \mychap seems to work while used directly.
>>
>> Any solution?
>
> \define[2]\mychap
>    {\framed
>       [frame=off,width=broad,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on,offset=0pt]
>       {\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{#1}%
>        \vtop{\hsize\dimexpr\hsize-\wd\scratchbox\relax#2}%
>        \box\scratchbox}}
>
> \setuphead[chapter][command=\mychap,textstyle=\tfa,numberstyle=\tfd]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{INTRODUCTION}
>
> \chapter{Text and more text and even more text and still more text till it stops}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang.

How is the position of the text controled inside the framed? I would
like it to be closer to the line (when I increase the font size the
space between the text and the line increases too much).

Thanks

Charles

* Re: Linebreak in a framed for a chapter setuphead
@ 2012-02-29 15:18     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-02-29 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.02.2012 um 16:05 schrieb Charles:

> Le 29/02/2012 12:42, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :
>>
>> Am 29.02.2012 um 12:19 schrieb Charles:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with the following definition of chapter header. I would like to have the chapter title on the left side and the number, with higher size, on the right side.
>>>
>>> The \mychap seems to work while used directly.
>>>
>>> Any solution?
>>
>> \define[2]\mychap
>>   {\framed
>>      [frame=off,width=broad,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on,offset=0pt]
>>      {\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{#1}%
>>       \vtop{\hsize\dimexpr\hsize-\wd\scratchbox\relax#2}%
>>       \box\scratchbox}}
>>
>> \setuphead[chapter][command=\mychap,textstyle=\tfa,numberstyle=\tfd]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \chapter{INTRODUCTION}
>>
>> \chapter{Text and more text and even more text and still more text till it stops}
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> Thanks Wolfgang.
>
> How is the position of the text controled inside the framed? I would like it to be closer to the line (when I increase the font size the space between the text and the line increases too much).

You can set “strut=no” and use the “depth” parameter.

\define[2]\mychap
 {\framed
   %[frame=off,width=broad,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on,offset=0pt]
    [frame=off,width=broad,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on,offset=0pt,strut=no,depth=0.4ex]
    {\startlocalheadsetup
     \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\setnostrut#1}%
     \vtop{\hsize\dimexpr\hsize-\wd\scratchbox\relax#2}%
     \box\scratchbox
     \stoplocalheadsetup}}

\setuphead[chapter][command=\mychap,textstyle=\tfa,numberstyle=\tfd,strut=no]

@ 2012-02-29 15:28       ` Charles
From: Charles @ 2012-02-29 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 29/02/2012 16:18, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :

> Am 29.02.2012 um 16:05 schrieb Charles:

>>> \define[2]\mychap
>>>    {\framed
>>>       [frame=off,width=broad,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on,offset=0pt]
>>>       {\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{#1}%
>>>        \vtop{\hsize\dimexpr\hsize-\wd\scratchbox\relax#2}%
>>>        \box\scratchbox}}
>>>
>>> \setuphead[chapter][command=\mychap,textstyle=\tfa,numberstyle=\tfd]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \chapter{INTRODUCTION}
>>>
>>> \chapter{Text and more text and even more text and still more text till it stops}
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>>
>> Thanks Wolfgang.
>>
>> How is the position of the text controled inside the framed? I would like it to be closer to the line (when I increase the font size the space between the text and the line increases too much).
>
> You can set “strut=no” and use the “depth” parameter.
>
> \define[2]\mychap
>   {\framed
>     %[frame=off,width=broad,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on,offset=0pt]
>      [frame=off,width=broad,align=flushleft,bottomframe=on,offset=0pt,strut=no,depth=0.4ex]
>      {\startlocalheadsetup
>       \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\setnostrut#1}%
>       \vtop{\hsize\dimexpr\hsize-\wd\scratchbox\relax#2}%
>       \box\scratchbox
>       \stoplocalheadsetup}}
>
> \setuphead[chapter][command=\mychap,textstyle=\tfa,numberstyle=\tfd,strut=no]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{INTRODUCTION}
>
> \chapter{Text and more text and even more text and still more text till it stops}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Perfect! Thank you very much

Charles