From: Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar@gyza.cz>
To: "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: Is it bibliography really problem for MKIV?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:43:43 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Thomas.
Thanks for your interest in my problem.

My problem is that while simple basic aplication works fine,  in complex
applications (including components, images, tables etc) is not
bibliography in the correct order, or there are errors in the references
to literature.
During looking for the bugs spent much time, but to no avail. It seems
that somewhere there is a collision, which affects at first glance
unrelated things. When I bring a functional solution of a simple example
to complex applications, then it stops working.

One of the examples of strange collision I sent recently to the
conference (I send you it again). Captions of figures come in a special
way to the list of bibliography (as you see in the examples).

I'm trying to gradually phase out the activities section of code to find
out what causes problems.
So far to no avail! Find a minimal example of when it stops working is
not so simple.

In the meantime, perhaps enough to figure out why there is a mixing of
captions of figures with a list of literature.
The original project was done in MKII, where it worked somehow fine. In
the MKIV I am not able to win over that bibliography.
When  bibliography is working then at the expense of something else.

I send a few of simple minimal examples (including the resulting PDF
files.) in
http://public.hajtmar.com/files/tex/context/ntg-context/files-21-02-2012.zip

Can be some things (components, titles, sectioning, buffering) that
could affect the list of bibliography?

Many thanx
Jaroslav

Dne 28.2.2012 20:19, Thomas A. Schmitz napsal(a):
  > On 2/28/12 7:12 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
  >> Hello ConTeXist..
  >>
  >> I have an unusual question: Is it bibliography really such a big
problem
  >> for MKIV or I am unable to do?
  >> Do you have some experience in the bibliography at MKIV? Can you refer
  >> me to a source of information about this? Submitter thesis has a very
  >> strict requirement to the list of bibliography. The numbering of
  >> bibliographic items must be in the same order in which items are
used in
  >> the text. Moreover, in the form of AMS is, [1], [2], etc. I've tried
  >> many hours, but I am absolutely not able to achieve the required
form. I
  >> do not believe that I will eventually have to write a thesis in LaTeX
  >> because of the stupid request.
  >> May possibly be some way around? It occurred to me to do an emergency
  >> way. I want redefine of the \cite macro to macro \CITE. The \CITE macro
  >> put me list the order bibliographic items  and then I arrange
manually a
  >> list of bibliographic entries. Or exist any external tools for that
do it?

  >> Thanx Jaroslav Hajtmar
  >
  > Your question is kind of vague, so it's difficult to give a
meaningful answer. Bibliographies in mkiv work; a few months ago, I
finished a scholarly volume with a bibliography of 600 entries. If you
have a precise question, you better provide a minimal example and show
us what doesn't work (or what you couldn't achieve). If you have worked
many hours, you must have something to show.