* Simple bibliography
@ 2012-03-06  6:43 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2012-03-06  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXist.
Unfortunately, I give up. The standard way to use the bibliography fail
(output still is not sorted in the order they came citing). I can not
even after many hours of testing and experimenting get win. Therefore I
decide that I am looking now other ways. Does anyone have experience
with simplebibliography in contextgarden
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Simple_Bibliography)?
Solve someone something like that? Has anybody a simple minimal example?
 From information from wikipedia I do not make functional example
(especially the first case). Second case is very simple and
understandable, but  now I looking for a way to automate the sorting
(that the order is not what I require).
Or exist something similar? Can you please advise me a way to get the
better of a very simple bibliography without using standart bibliography
system of ConTeXt?

Sorry to inundating these bibliographic questions, but I need to somehow
resolve my problem in the near future and looking for every possibility,
where to get something that would help me.

Thanx Jaroslav

Here is my minimal example from ConTeXtgarden (second option).
It shows (without automation) as the need.

\definereferenceformat[Cite][left={[},right={]}]

\defineitemgroup [bibliography] [levels=1]

\setupitemgroup  [bibliography]
                  [symbol=n,
                   left={[},
                   right={]},
                   width=1.5em,
                   stopper=,
                   itemalign=flushleft,
                   inbetween={\blank[2pt]}
]

\appendtoks\let\bibitem\itemgroupitem\to\itemgroupcommands

\starttext

This is \Cite[4] and \Cite[2] \Cite[3]

\section{Bibliography}

\startbibliography
   \bibitem[4] (4) Hashimoto S., Sato F., Fabrication and mechanical
properties of sintered leucite body, Journal of the Ceramics Society of
Japan 113(7), 2005, 488-490
     \bibitem[2] (2) IPS Classic, Scientific Documentation, Ivocar
Vivadent, July 2003
   \bibitem[1] (1) Thermal expansion, chapter 2, The Materials
Information Society
   \bibitem[3] (3) Taylor D., Henderson C.M.B., The thermal expansion of
the leucite group of minerals, The American mineralogist,
September-october 1968, 1476-1489
\stopbibliography

\stoptext

* Simple Bibliography
@ 2010-10-02 13:00 Elias Oltmanns
From: Elias Oltmanns @ 2010-10-02 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

in the attempt to stich together a simple bibliography, I don's seem to
get as far as I'd have liked. The layout of the bibliography should look
something like this:

| authora:                       title of book |
| authorb, F.:       opus magnum with a rather |
|                       title and ref. details |
| authord, authore:     another important book |

To achieve this, I'm thinking of something along these lines:

\definedescription[bibitem][
  location=left,align=flushright,sample={ longest author},width=broad,
  command=\BibCommand]
\def\BibCommand#1{#1:}
\starttext
\chapter{Bibliography}
\bibitem{authora} title of book

\bibitem{authorb, F.} opus magnum with a rather title and ref. details

\bibitem{authord, authore} another important book
\stoptext

Alas, it doesn't work out as expected. Can someone give a few hints
towards a working example? It should compile under MkII too.

Thanks for your help,

Elias