* Re: ruby module
       [not found] <mailman.3.1331290803.4312.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-03-09 13:49 ` S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2012-03-09 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 03/09/2012 04:30 PM, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:

>> > I'm just thinking of annotating one or two words per line, which in an
>> > appropriately small font size could just be stacked at the end of the
>> > line in order of occurrence.
>> > Problems would only arise if one line contained 3 or more words to be
>> > annotated, and the next line also contained one...
>> >
>> > Would this be possible to implement? Would this just be a \defineinright?
> \define[2]\Note
>   {#1\inright[stack=yes,style=\txx]{#2}}
>
> \starttext
>
> text \Note{TEXT}{MARGIN} text \Note{TEXT}{MARGIN} text
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thank you, always. At the moment, the baseline of the first line of the
margin note aligns with the baseline of the main text line. Even in the
general case, I think it would look better to have the top aligned.

In the margin ruby, this presents a slight problem as a second ruby will
now look as though it belongs to the next line. Is there a way to align
the top of the lines, or is there a hack that just shifts a margin note
by a few pts? (There is a "low" flag, but no high flag, I think...)

Thank you.
Severin

* Re: ruby module
@ 2012-03-09  8:32   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-09  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.3.1330858802.3519.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-03-04 13:26 ` S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2012-03-04 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2012-03-04  9:44   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-04  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.03.2012 um 10:11 schrieb S Barmeier:

> Is it possible to place the ruby text in a margin?

No.

> This would allow me to keep line spacing decently tight and also prevent
> the reader from only reading the annotation.

This can be added but then you need a symbol (or something else) to see
to which word the annotation refers.

> How can one change the font size of the annotation and is there a way to
> keep it fixed, not being scaled according to the font size of the word
> it annotates?

You can change the style of the base text with the “basestyle” key and
of the annotation with the “textstyle” key.

Wolfgang

* ruby module
       [not found] <mailman.2600.1330790847.4232.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-03-04  9:11 ` S Barmeier