* Apostrophes not converting to typographical curly apostrophes
@ 2012-03-22  6:32 John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2012-03-22  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm having difficulty getting straight 0x0027 apostrophes to convert
into typographical single-quotes when using a given typescript.

In the following example, \quote{single quotes} generates curly
typographical single quotes, but the apostrophe comes out as a
straight apostrophe in the PDF output:

    \usetypescriptfile[type-lemonde]
    \usetypescript[lemonde-1]
    \setupbodyfont[lemonde,ss,11pt]
    \starttext
    Why don't the apostrophes show up as \quotation{curly}? The
    \quote{single quotes} and \quotation{double quotes} are fine\ldots{}
    \stoptext

The only way I can generate curly apostrophes is by placing 0x2019
characters into the source. However, when I comment out those first
three lines, the output displays a curly apostrophe fine in the default
font. Am I doing something wrong with how I've set up my typescript?

~/texmf/tex/context/user/type-lemonde.tex looks like this:

\starttypescript [serif] [lemonde]
    \definefontsynonym [LeMondeLivre-Roman]  [name:lemondelivrenormalosf]
    \definefontsynonym [LeMondeLivre-Bold]   [name:lemondelivreboldosf]
    \definefontsynonym [LeMondeLivre-Italic] [name:lemondelivreitalicosf]
    \definefontsynonym [Serif]               [LeMondeLivre-Roman]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]           [LeMondeLivre-Bold]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]         [LeMondeLivre-Italic]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [lemonde]
    \definefontsynonym [LeMondeSans-Roman]   [name:lemondesansnormalosf]
    \definefontsynonym [LeMondeSans-Bold]    [name:lemondesansboldosf]
    \definefontsynonym [LeMondeSans-Italic]  [name:lemondesansitalicosf]
    \definefontsynonym [Sans]                [LeMondeSans-Roman]
    \definefontsynonym [SansBold]            [LeMondeSans-Bold]
    \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]          [LeMondeSans-Italic]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [lemonde-1]
    \definetypeface [lemonde] [rm] [serif]    [lemonde]
    \definetypeface [lemonde] [ss] [sans]     [lemonde]
\stoptypescript

This is using MkIV, recently updated minimals.

Thanks for any help,

John

--
John Magolske