* Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29  6:50 Jaroslav Hajtmar
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2012-03-29  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,
I can not find a way to remove the quotes from the results of the
reference link
Can someone help?

Thanx
Jaroslav Hajtmar

Here is minimal example:

\starttext

\section[first]{First}

\subsection[second]{Second}

\input tufte

\in{(see section}{ \about[second] at page \at[second])}[second].

\stoptext

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29  6:55 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-29  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.03.2012 um 08:50 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

> Hello all,
> I can not find a way to remove the quotes from the results of the reference link
> Can someone help?

Use \getreference[title][second] to print the title of the heading.

Wolfgang

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29  7:11 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2012-03-29  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:50:06 +0200
Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar@gyza.cz> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I can not find a way to remove the quotes from the results of the
> reference link
> Can someone help?

On a similar line, concerning syntax (but not references),
the braces grouping keywords get passed on to the pdf properties:

\setupinteraction [keyword={syntax, braces, commas}]

Is this a bug or else the incorrect use of braces?

Alan

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29  7:42 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-03-29  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jaroslav,

Am 29.03.2012 um 08:50 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

> Hello all,
> I can not find a way to remove the quotes from the results of the reference link
> Can someone help?
>
> Thanx
> Jaroslav Hajtmar
>
> Here is minimal example:
>

> \starttext
>
> \section[first]{First}
>
> \subsection[second]{Second}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \in{(see section}{ \about[second] at page \at[second])}[second].
>

> \stoptext

I use this:

\setupreferencing[left=,right=,width=]

Steffen

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29  8:32   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-03-29  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29-3-2012 09:11, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:50:06 +0200
> Jaroslav Hajtmar<hajtmar@gyza.cz>  wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> I can not find a way to remove the quotes from the results of the
>> reference link
>> Can someone help?
>
> On a similar line, concerning syntax (but not references),
> the braces grouping keywords get passed on to the pdf properties:
>
> \setupinteraction [keyword={syntax, braces, commas}]
>
> Is this a bug or else the incorrect use of braces?

That's weird, as here I get no { } in the properties shown by acrobat
and the xml blob in the pdf has

<pdf:Keywords>syntax braces commas</pdf:Keywords>

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-03-29  8:41     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-03-29  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:32, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 29-3-2012 09:11, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>>
>> On a similar line, concerning syntax (but not references),
>> the braces grouping keywords get passed on to the pdf properties:
>>
>> \setupinteraction [keyword={syntax, braces, commas}]
>>
>> Is this a bug or else the incorrect use of braces?
>

> That's weird, as here I get no { } in the properties shown by acrobat and
> the xml blob in the pdf has
>
> <pdf:Keywords>syntax braces commas</pdf:Keywords>

I get the braces when there is a space after braces, for example

\setupinteraction
    [author=me,
     title={long title}
    ]

I solved the problem by adding a comma right after the last brace, but
I would also call that "a hint of a tiny buglet somewhere" ;)

(It also took me some time to realize that one has to use subtitle
instead of subject and keyword instead of keywords.)

Mojca

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29  8:51       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-03-29  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29-3-2012 10:41, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:32, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 29-3-2012 09:11, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>>>
>>> On a similar line, concerning syntax (but not references),
>>> the braces grouping keywords get passed on to the pdf properties:
>>>
>>> \setupinteraction [keyword={syntax, braces, commas}]
>>>
>>> Is this a bug or else the incorrect use of braces?
>>

>> That's weird, as here I get no { } in the properties shown by acrobat and
>> the xml blob in the pdf has
>>
>> <pdf:Keywords>syntax braces commas</pdf:Keywords>
>
> I get the braces when there is a space after braces, for example
>
> \setupinteraction
>      [author=me,
>       title={long title}
>      ]
>
> I solved the problem by adding a comma right after the last brace, but
> I would also call that "a hint of a tiny buglet somewhere" ;)

hm, but such a space before is always valid in key/value assignment or ]
so there is no difference between

title={long title}
]

title={long title}
,

That has always been the case (ignoring leading an dtrailing spaces of a
key would demand parsing token by token and that's not going to happen
as it would slow down context a lot (so many parsing all over the place)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-03-29  9:48         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-03-29  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:51, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 29-3-2012 10:41, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> I get the braces when there is a space after braces, for example
>>
>> \setupinteraction
>>     [author=me,
>>      title={long title}
>>     ]
>>
>> I solved the problem by adding a comma right after the last brace, but
>> I would also call that "a hint of a tiny buglet somewhere" ;)
>

> hm, but such a space before is always valid in key/value assignment or ] so
> there is no difference between
>
> title={long title}
> ]
>
> title={long title}
> ,
>
> That has always been the case (ignoring leading an dtrailing spaces of a key
> would demand parsing token by token and that's not going to happen as it
> would slow down context a lot (so many parsing all over the place)

It seems that it is not the case here. But are you able to reproduce
the behaviour? I get

> pdfinfo filename.pdf
Title:          {long title}
Author:         me

Mojca

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29  9:53         ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2012-03-29  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all,
Thanks for all the advice. Just allow me a little note:
Due compatibility I compile my documents by ConTeXt MKIV, which is part
of TeXLive the 2011.  Command \getreference [title][ref], who described
Wolfgang, here does not work!!! But this command is functional in the
MKIV minimals standalone version.
So I took the advice Steffen Wolfrum now, who works in both versions.

Given that otherwise often work in minimals standalone version of
ConTeXt, so I made a comment about Wolfgang advice - thanx.

Thanx again.
Jaroslav Hajtmar

@ 2012-03-29 10:02           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-03-29 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29-3-2012 11:48, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:51, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 29-3-2012 10:41, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>>
>>> I get the braces when there is a space after braces, for example
>>>
>>> \setupinteraction
>>>      [author=me,
>>>       title={long title}
>>>      ]
>>>
>>> I solved the problem by adding a comma right after the last brace, but
>>> I would also call that "a hint of a tiny buglet somewhere" ;)
>>

>> hm, but such a space before is always valid in key/value assignment or ] so
>> there is no difference between
>>
>> title={long title}
>> ]
>>
>> title={long title}
>> ,
>>
>> That has always been the case (ignoring leading an dtrailing spaces of a key
>> would demand parsing token by token and that's not going to happen as it
>> would slow down context a lot (so many parsing all over the place)
>
> It seems that it is not the case here. But are you able to reproduce
> the behaviour? I get
>
>> pdfinfo filename.pdf
> Title:          {long title}
> Author:         me

Sure, as this gets split:

"{a,b,c}"

And this is seen as a whole:

"{a,b,c} "

and is not split

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-03-29 12:24             ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2012-03-29 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have:

\setvariables [Book]
                [
                title={My title},
                subtitle={My subtitle},
                author={First Author, Second Author and Third Author},
                ]
\setupinteraction
                [
                title=\getvariable{Book}{title},
                subtitle=\getvariable{Book}{subtitle},
                author=\getvariable{Book}{author},
                keyword={keyword1, keyword2, keyword3},
                ]

and this yields (in acroread 9):

Title: My title
Author: "First Author, Second Author and Third Author"
Subject: My subtitle

So, quotation marks (" ") get put around the author;
The subtitle becomes the subject;
and adding the trailing comma after keyword={},
indeed removes the {} but also removes the explicit commas.

Alan

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29 14:03               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-03-29 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29-3-2012 14:24, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> I have:
>
> \setvariables [Book]
>                  [
>                  title={My title},
>                  subtitle={My subtitle},
>                  author={First Author, Second Author and Third Author},
>                  ]
> \setupinteraction
>                  [
>                  title=\getvariable{Book}{title},
>                  subtitle=\getvariable{Book}{subtitle},
>                  author=\getvariable{Book}{author},

                  author={\getvariable{Book}{author}},

the expansion introduces the ,

>                  keyword={keyword1, keyword2, keyword3},
>                  ]
>

> and this yields (in acroread 9):
>
> Title: My title
> Author: "First Author, Second Author and Third Author"
> Subject: My subtitle
>

> So, quotation marks (" ") get put around the author;
> The subtitle becomes the subject;
> and adding the trailing comma after keyword={},
> indeed removes the {} but also removes the explicit commas.
>
> Alan

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-03-29 15:18                 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2012-03-29 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:03:11 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>                   author={\getvariable{Book}{author}},
>
> the expansion introduces the ,

just to play it safe, putting {} around all \getvariable{}{} as in
	author={\getvariable{Book}{author}},
does not change anything.

Acroread still displays quotes around the authors.
Curiously, they do not appear under okular, so this is probably an
Acroread quirk.

Alan

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29 15:24                   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-03-29 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:03:11 +0200
> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>>                   author={\getvariable{Book}{author}},
>>
>> the expansion introduces the ,
>>

> just to play it safe, putting {} around all \getvariable{}{} as in
>        author={\getvariable{Book}{author}},
> does not change anything.
>
> Acroread still displays quotes around the authors.
> Curiously, they do not appear under okular, so this is probably an
> Acroread quirk.
>
> Alan
probably yes

\nopdfcompression
\setvariables [Book]
               [
               title={My title},
               subtitle={My subtitle},
               author={First Author, Second Author and Third Author},
               ]
\setupinteraction
               [
               title=\getvariable{Book}{title},
               subtitle=\getvariable{Book}{subtitle},
               author=\getvariable{Book}{author},
               keyword={keyword1, keyword2, keyword3},
               ]
\starttext
\input tufte
\stoptext

then open the pdf and you will see
x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
    <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
        <rdf:Description rdf:about=""
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
            <dc:format>application/pdf</dc:format>
            <dc:creator>
                <rdf:Seq>
                    <rdf:li>First Author, Second Author and Third
Author</rdf:li>

(if you want to be sure, you can modify
                    <rdf:li>First Author, Second Author and Third
Author</rdf:li>
in
                    <rdf:li>Zirst Author, Second Author and Third
Author</rdf:li>
)

--
luigi

* Re: Removing the quotes from the results of the reference links
@ 2012-03-29 17:48                     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-03-29 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29-3-2012 17:24, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Alan BRASLAU<alan.braslau@cea.fr>  wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:03:11 +0200
>> Hans Hagen<pragma@wxs.nl>  wrote:
>>
>>>                    author={\getvariable{Book}{author}},
>>>
>>> the expansion introduces the ,
>>>

>> just to play it safe, putting {} around all \getvariable{}{} as in
>>         author={\getvariable{Book}{author}},
>> does not change anything.
>>
>> Acroread still displays quotes around the authors.
>> Curiously, they do not appear under okular, so this is probably an
>> Acroread quirk.
>>
>> Alan
> probably yes
>
> \nopdfcompression
> \setvariables [Book]
>                 [
>                 title={My title},
>                 subtitle={My subtitle},
>                 author={First Author, Second Author and Third Author},
>                 ]
> \setupinteraction
>                 [
>                 title=\getvariable{Book}{title},
>                 subtitle=\getvariable{Book}{subtitle},
>                 author=\getvariable{Book}{author},
>                 keyword={keyword1, keyword2, keyword3},
>                 ]
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \stoptext
>
> then open the pdf and you will see
> x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
>      <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
>          <rdf:Description rdf:about=""
> xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
>              <dc:format>application/pdf</dc:format>
>              <dc:creator>
>                  <rdf:Seq>
>                      <rdf:li>First Author, Second Author and Third
> Author</rdf:li>
>
> (if you want to be sure, you can modify
>                      <rdf:li>First Author, Second Author and Third
> Author</rdf:li>
> in
>                      <rdf:li>Zirst Author, Second Author and Third
> Author</rdf:li>
> )

You can also try pdfinfo:

Title:          My title
Author:         First Author, Second Author and Third Author
Creator:        ConTeXt - 2012.03.29 19:19
Producer:       LuaTeX-0.71.0
CreationDate:   03/29/12 19:44:57
ModDate:        03/29/12 19:44:57
Tagged:         no
Pages:          1
Encrypted:      no
Page size:      595.276 x 841.89 pts (A4)
File size:      14908 bytes
Optimized:      no
PDF version:    1.6

and

/Creator
<feff0043006f006e00540065005800740020002d00200032003000310032002e00300033002e00320039002000310039003a00310039>

definitely starts with an F

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE