* Typescript not found
@ 2012-03-28  7:32 S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2012-03-28  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have some typescript problems.

The output says

fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'mytypescript'
fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'Myface'
fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (third stage)

In my environment file I have

\usetypescriptfile[mytypescript]
\usetypescript[MyIPAex]
\setupbodyfont[Myface,rm,12pt]

and the typescript file is in the same folder as the source files.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Severin

* Re: Typescript not found
@ 2012-03-29  6:33 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-29  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.03.2012 um 09:32 schrieb S Barmeier:

> I have some typescript problems.
>
> The output says
>
> fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'mytypescript'
> fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'Myface'
> fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (third stage)
>
> In my environment file I have
>
> \usetypescriptfile[mytypescript]
> \usetypescript[MyIPAex]
> \setupbodyfont[Myface,rm,12pt]
>
> and the typescript file is in the same folder as the source files.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Has your typescript file “type-” as prefix?

BTW: When the file contains only one typeface it’s better to use the same name
for the typeface, typescript and file because you can then omit the \usetypescript
and \usetypescriptfile commands in your document.

Wolfgang

* Re: Typescript not found
@ 2012-03-29 23:12   ` S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2012-03-29 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Am 28.03.2012 um 09:32 schrieb S Barmeier:
>
>> I have some typescript problems.
>>
>> The output says
>>
>> fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'mytypescript'
>> fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'Myface'
>> fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (third stage)
>>
>> In my environment file I have
>>
>> \usetypescriptfile[mytypescript]
>> \usetypescript[MyIPAex]
>> \setupbodyfont[Myface,rm,12pt]
>>
>> and the typescript file is in the same folder as the source files.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Has your typescript file “type-” as prefix?

It did until recently, is that a problem? Now I called it mytypescript
with an output just as above, i.e. still unable to find the typescript.

> BTW: When the file contains only one typeface it’s better to use the same name
> for the typeface, typescript and file because you can then omit the \usetypescript
> and \usetypescriptfile commands in your document.
>
> Wolfgang

I still might have to think of better names, but here what I'm trying to
use...

Thank you for your help.
Severin

\definefontfeature[jpdefault][mode=node,script=hani,lang=jan]
\def\mydefaultfeatures{kern=yes;liga=yes;tlig=yes;trep=yes}
\definefontfallback[serifwhatever][gentium:\mydefaultfeatures][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
\definefontfallback[serifboldwhatever][gentiumbasicbold:\mydefaultfeatures][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
\definefontfallback[serifitalicwhatever][gentiumitalic:\mydefaultfeatures][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
\definefontfallback[serifbolditalicwhatever][gentiumbasicbolditalic:\mydefaultfeatures][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
\definefontfallback[sanswhatever][andikabasic:\mydefaultfeatures][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
\starttypescript[serif][IPAexMincho]
\definefontsynonym[ipaexmincho][ipaexm.ttf][features=jpdefault,fallbacks=serifwhatever]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript[serif][IPAexMincho][name]
\definefontsynonym[Serif][ipaexmincho]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript[sans][IPAexGothic]
\definefontsynonym[ipaexgothic][ipaexg.ttf][features=jpdefault,fallbacks=sanswhatever]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript[sans][IPAexGothic][name]
\definefontsynonym[Sans][ipaexgothic]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript[mono][KanjiStrokeOrders]
\definefontsynonym[kanjistrokeorders][KanjiStrokeOrders_v2.015.ttf][features=jpdefault]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript[mono][KanjiStrokeOrders][name]
\definefontsynonym[Mono][kanjistrokeorders]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript[MyIPAex]
\definetypeface[Myface][rm][serif][IPAexMincho][default]
\definetypeface[Myface][ss][sans][IPAexGothic][default]
\definetypeface[Myface][tt][mono][KanjiStrokeOrders][default][rscale=1.3]
\stoptypescript

* Re: Typescript not found
@ 2012-03-30  9:47     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-03-30  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-3-2012 01:12, S Barmeier wrote:
> On 03/29/2012 03:33 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>> Am 28.03.2012 um 09:32 schrieb S Barmeier:
>>
>>> I have some typescript problems.
>>>
>>> The output says
>>>
>>> fonts>  typescripts>  unknown: library 'mytypescript'
>>> fonts>  typescripts>  unknown: library 'Myface'
>>> fonts>  preloading latin modern fonts (third stage)
>>>
>>> In my environment file I have
>>>
>>> \usetypescriptfile[mytypescript]
>>> \usetypescript[MyIPAex]
>>> \setupbodyfont[Myface,rm,12pt]
>>>
>>> and the typescript file is in the same folder as the source files.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Has your typescript file “type-” as prefix?
>
> It did until recently, is that a problem? Now I called it mytypescript
> with an output just as above, i.e. still unable to find the typescript.

There is some lookup-logic involved. If you have typescripts that need
to b eloaded explicitly or automatically, use type-imp-<yourname>.mkiv
(or tex) names. Alternatively you can just put the definitions in an
environment that you load as part of the document style.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Typescript not found
@ 2012-04-01 21:04       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-04-01 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.03.2012 um 11:47 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 30-3-2012 01:12, S Barmeier wrote:

>>> Has your typescript file “type-” as prefix?
>>
>> It did until recently, is that a problem? Now I called it mytypescript
>> with an output just as above, i.e. still unable to find the typescript.
>
> There is some lookup-logic involved. If you have typescripts that need to b eloaded explicitly or automatically, use type-imp-<yourname>.mkiv (or tex) names. Alternatively you can just put the definitions in an environment that you load as part of the document style.

I think it’s better to use “imp” only for files in the distribution and third party or user files should just use type-<…>.tex|mkiv.

Wolfgang

* Re: Typescript not found
@ 2012-04-01 23:08         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-04-01 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1-4-2012 23:04, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> I think it’s better to use “imp” only for files in the distribution and third party or user files should just use type-<…>.tex|mkiv.

we have no strong rules for this so users are free to choose what they
like; as long as they make sure that they use verbose names that are
unlikely to clash

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE