* Re: Integration of the ConTeXt-Wiki and the ConTeXt-Mailinglist
@ 2012-04-04 10:36 Jan Heinen
From: Jan Heinen @ 2012-04-04 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Mari,

<jahei...@gmx.de> wrote:
 > > It's not perfekt jet - but it helps to get more
information to each command
 > > and to integrate the wiki and the mailinglist.
 > > What do you think about this and could it be improved?
 >
 > I really like it!

 > concerning the mailing list part - could it be possible
to easily sort
 > the results by date or even filter them?

 > But in general this is already a great improvement, thank
you!
 > Mari

Thank you very much for your nice feedback!
And you are right - sorting the results from newest to
oldest would be an improvement. And I just changed the code
a littlebit - and now you will find everything in the
mailinglist starting at the ConTeXt-commands in the Wiki.
Try it: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands

With a little help of some ConTeXters more ... we can
improve the ConTeXt-documentation much more.
At this point you can help to categorize some commands:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands

Regards
Jannis
--
Better organization and integration of all ConTeXT-information:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:ConTeXt  ............
All information arround ConTeXt

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands ........
Commands

!!! new: "One-Click" from every command in the wiki to the
rich resources of the ConTeXt-mailinglist

From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-04-04 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-4-2012 12:36, Jan Heinen wrote:

> Better organization and integration of all ConTeXT-information:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:ConTeXt ............ All
> information arround ConTeXt
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands ........ Commands
>
> !!! new: "One-Click" from every command in the wiki to the rich
> resources of the ConTeXt-mailinglist

nice indeed,

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-04-04  7:53 ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2012-04-04  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 15:33, Jan Heinen <JaHeinen@gmx.de> wrote:
> It's not perfekt jet - but it helps to get more information to each command
> and to integrate the wiki and the mailinglist.
> What do you think about this and could it be improved?

I really like it!

However, having just used it to trawl through "everything" looking for
a solution (...didn't find it yet...), I do have a little wish
concerning the mailing list part - could it be possible to easily sort
the results by date or even filter them?

Because of the fast pace ConTeXt develops in and because the mailing
list existed when MkIV wasn't there yet, I've learned to skim through
the newest messages first and then going backwards if it seems
needful. Being able to sort the search results newest first or "show
only the last three years" would make my life easier.

@ 2012-03-28 20:24 ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2012-03-28 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2012-03-28 14:33, Jan Heinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in the wiki I have built links for every command to the archiv of
> the ConTeXt-Mailinglist: e.G.
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/pagereference
> See at the bottom.
>
> It's not perfekt jet - but it helps to get more information to each
> command and to integrate the wiki and the mailinglist.
> What do you think about this and could it be improved?

This is plain awesome, thanks a lot!
Philipp

> Maybe we should give ConTeXt-beginners this hint when they ask
> questions in the mailinglist - what do you think?
>
> Best wishes
> Jannis
> --
> Better organization and integration of all ConTeXT-information:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:ConTeXt  ............ All
> information arround ConTeXt
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands ........ Commands
>
> !!! new: "One-Click" from every command in the wiki to the rich
> resources of the ConTeXt-mailinglist

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

@ 2012-03-28 17:02 ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2012-03-28 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I appreciate the excellent idea, and certainly, I will often use ...

With thanx
Jaroslav Hajtmar

Dne 28.3.2012 14:33, Jan Heinen napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> in the wiki I have built links for every command to the archiv of the
> ConTeXt-Mailinglist: e.G.
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/pagereference
> See at the bottom.
>
> It's not perfekt jet - but it helps to get more information to each
> command and to integrate the wiki and the mailinglist.
> What do you think about this and could it be improved?
>
> Maybe we should give ConTeXt-beginners this hint when they ask
> questions in the mailinglist - what do you think?
>
> Best wishes
> Jannis
> --
> Better organization and integration of all ConTeXT-information:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:ConTeXt  ............ All
> information arround ConTeXt
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands ........ Commands
>
> !!! new: "One-Click" from every command in the wiki to the rich
> resources of the ConTeXt-mailinglist

@ 2012-03-28 14:29 ` Jörg Hagmann
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2012-03-28 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excellent! This is really helpful.

Thanks, Jörg

On Mar 28, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Jan Heinen wrote:

> Hello,

> See at the bottom.
>
> It's not perfekt jet - but it helps to get more information to each command and to integrate the wiki and the mailinglist.
> What do you think about this and could it be improved?
>
> Maybe we should give ConTeXt-beginners this hint when they ask questions in the mailinglist - what do you think?
>
> Best wishes
> Jannis
> --
> Better organization and integration of all ConTeXT-information:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:ConTeXt  ............ All information arround ConTeXt
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands ........ Commands

                   ` (3 more replies)