* Changing navigation symbol
@ 2012-04-21  6:59 Markus Finke
From: Markus Finke @ 2012-04-21  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

One footnote is placed on the next side because of lack of space. This
arrangement is displayed by a triangular symbol.

Is it possible to replace this symbol by a more appropriate
(self-defined) character or switch off this feature?

TIA!

[-- Attachment #2: navigation.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 6919 bytes --]

* Re: Changing navigation symbol
@ 2012-04-21  7:53 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-04-21  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.04.2012 um 08:59 schrieb Markus Finke:

> One footnote is placed on the next side because of lack of space. This arrangement is displayed by a triangular symbol.
>
> Is it possible to replace this symbol by a more appropriate (self-defined) character

No (unless you change the symbols for “nextpage” and “previouspage”)

> or switch off this feature?

Yes (but it’s disabled by default)

Wolfgang

* Re: Changing navigation symbol
@ 2012-04-21  9:07   ` Markus Finke
From: Markus Finke @ 2012-04-21  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> or switch off this feature?
>
> Yes (but it’s disabled by default)

\setupstructure   [state=start]

\setupinteraction [ state=start,
                    option=bookmark,
                openaction={firstpage,FitHeight},
                      menu=on,
                     click=yes,
             contrastcolor=interactioncolor ]

\setupinteractionscreen [option=bookmark]

I’ve changed something but I can’t find the relevant option. Any idea?

* Re: Changing navigation symbol
@ 2012-04-21  9:19     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-04-21  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.04.2012 um 11:07 schrieb Markus Finke:

>>> or switch off this feature?
>>
>> Yes (but it’s disabled by default)
>

> \setupstructure   [state=start]
>
> \setupinteraction [ state=start,
>                   option=bookmark,
>               openaction={firstpage,FitHeight},
>                     menu=on,
>                    click=yes,
>            contrastcolor=interactioncolor ]
>
> \setupinteractionscreen [option=bookmark]
>

> I’ve changed something but I can’t find the relevant option. Any idea?

When you have a problem you should make a minimal example and tell which version of context you’re using.

mtx-context     | current version: 2012.04.17 22:37

When I run this example I don’t get the symbol unless I enable the indicator:

%\setupnote[footnote][indicator=yes]

\starttext
\dorecurse{4}{\input knuth\doif{\recurselevel}{4}{\footnote{\input zapf\par}}\par}
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Changing navigation symbol
@ 2012-04-22 18:21       ` Markus Finke
From: Markus Finke @ 2012-04-22 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When I run this example I don’t get the symbol unless I enable the indicator:
>
> %\setupnote[footnote][indicator=yes]

This was an unknown option for me, it wasn’t used in the document.

My old ConTeXt ver: 2012.03.05 is updated now and without indicator=no
it’s solved now.

Thank you!