* Layers for alternating page elements?
@ 2012-05-23 14:55 Tim Sheasby
From: Tim Sheasby @ 2012-05-23 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Have just started working with TeX/ConTeXt after years with Adobe InDesign.
Want to make an alternating page layout with one column only but a large outer
margin. This I have managed to achieve but in addition I want running footers
in the outer margin flush with the bottom of the text and also want a vertical
.5pt rule between the text area and the outside margin area. Can a layer be
placed in the footer or header to achieve this?
Layout would have to alternate from left to right page. I think this means a
different layer for each side?

The right page must also have a logo at the top of the outside margin.

Page setup is as follows:

\setuppapersize [A4][A4]
\setuplayout[ width=10cm,backspace=2.5cm,rightmargin=5.8cm,
rightmarginspace=1cm,topspace=1.5cm,header=0cm,lines=42]

Many thanks

* Re: Layers for alternating page elements?
@ 2012-05-23 19:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-05-23 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23-5-2012 16:55, Tim Sheasby wrote:
> Have just started working with TeX/ConTeXt after years with Adobe InDesign.
> Want to make an alternating page layout with one column only but a large outer
> margin. This I have managed to achieve but in addition I want running footers
> in the outer margin flush with the bottom of the text and also want a vertical
> ..5pt rule between the text area and the outside margin area. Can a layer be
> placed in the footer or header to achieve this?
> Layout would have to alternate from left to right page. I think this means a
> different layer for each side?
>
> The right page must also have a logo at the top of the outside margin.
>
> Page setup is as follows:
>
> \setuppapersize [A4][A4]
> \setuplayout[ width=10cm,backspace=2.5cm,rightmargin=5.8cm,
> rightmarginspace=1cm,topspace=1.5cm,header=0cm,lines=42]

all areas can have background, just search for setupbackgrounds on the
wiki and setupfooter / setupheader

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE