* Multiple layers question
@ 2012-06-04 12:06 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2012-06-04 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to put a few things, placed absolutely on the page.  I thought
that layers are a good tool, but I can't make them do what I want.
Assume that I want to have "Some text" near the top of the page and a
huge "X" centered.  I did this:

\setuppagenumbering[state=stop]

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=bkg]

\definelayer[bkg][x=0mm,y=0mm,width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]
\setlayer[bkg]
         {\framed[frame=off,width=\paperwidth,height=50mm]
           {\switchtobodyfont[10mm]\tt Some text}}
\setlayer[bkg]
         {\framed[frame=off,width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]
           {\switchtobodyfont[240mm]\tt X}}

\starttext

\null

\stoptext

but only one layer appears (the "Some text" one).  What am I doing
wrong?  Is there a better way to do it?

TIA

--
Marcin Borkowski