* System font searching suddenly stopped
@ 2012-06-01  8:10 Marco Pallante
From: Marco Pallante @ 2012-06-01  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a novice ConTeXt user,
switching from LaTeX and
without so much time :(

I made some time ago a very small test document using the nice
Delicious font, which I
put in /usr/share/fonts/opentype/exljbris/ (under Debian). This is the
straightforward
document:

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Delicious]
\mainlanguage [it]
\setupbodyfont [10pt]
\setupheadertexts []
\starttext
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
\stoptext

It worked without a problem, as the pdf remembered me. Now, I tried to
compile it
again, but it doesn't find the Delicious font anymore; on the
contrary, it doesn't find
system fonts anymore.

I followed the instructions in the TeX Live Guide, ran mtxrun --script
fonts --reload
and context --generate again, without any change. However, I noticed that the
mtxrun doesn't walk into the /usr/share/fonts directory, but only
inside those from
TeX Live.

Have you any idea of what's happening? If you need them I can attach the output
of any of these scripts.

Thank you very much for your help,

Marco