* Math & other issues for TL 2012
@ 2012-06-01 10:54 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-06-01 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

With TL freeze that is probably going to happen tomorrow (plus a few
days of grace period): what is the current state of problems with math
fonts, and possibly any other issues (apart from the known crash on
mipsel & armel)? Is there anything else that doesn't work in minimals,
but should be high on priority list to fix?

Mojca

* Re: Math & other issues for TL 2012
@ 2012-06-01 15:05 ` Tim Steenvoorden
From: Tim Steenvoorden @ 2012-06-01 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mojca,

This is the status with 2012.05.30 11:26:

[HIGH] The integral signs in PX-fonts now work correctly. Only the
distance between the integral sign and the bounds are to big.
[HIGH] TX, XITS, Antykwa and Iwona have the same problem. (It's OK in
Asana and Euler).
[MID] The Kurier-font is not working at all (math and text).
[MID] The Mathdesign fonts (Utopia, Charter and Garamond) are not
working at all (both math and text).
[LOW] Pagella-Math is in TeXLive now, but the typescript is commented
out in type-imp-texgyre.mkiv.

I didn't had much time to look at it, have a deadline for a paper.
Sorry about that.

Regards,
Tim

2012/6/1 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> With TL freeze that is probably going to happen tomorrow (plus a few
> days of grace period): what is the current state of problems with math
> fonts, and possibly any other issues (apart from the known crash on
> mipsel & armel)? Is there anything else that doesn't work in minimals,
> but should be high on priority list to fix?
>
> Mojca

[-- Attachment #2: fonts.tex --]

* Re: Math & other issues for TL 2012
@ 2012-06-01 18:59   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-01 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Question for Khaled.

What is currently the logic in luatex? There used to be some heuristic
to determine if we have a traditional or opentype font. How can we
enforce the opentype math logic? There has been some discussion about a
flag in the tfmdata table. (The virtual math fonts that mkiv makes
assumes opentype logic).

Hans

On 1-6-2012 17:05, Tim Steenvoorden wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
>
> This is the status with 2012.05.30 11:26:
>
> [HIGH] The integral signs in PX-fonts now work correctly. Only the
> distance between the integral sign and the bounds are to big.
> [HIGH] TX, XITS, Antykwa and Iwona have the same problem. (It's OK in
> Asana and Euler).
> [MID] The Kurier-font is not working at all (math and text).
> [MID] The Mathdesign fonts (Utopia, Charter and Garamond) are not
> working at all (both math and text).
> [LOW] Pagella-Math is in TeXLive now, but the typescript is commented
> out in type-imp-texgyre.mkiv.
>
> I didn't had much time to look at it, have a deadline for a paper.
> Sorry about that.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>

> 2012/6/1 Mojca Miklavec<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> With TL freeze that is probably going to happen tomorrow (plus a few
>> days of grace period): what is the current state of problems with math
>> fonts, and possibly any other issues (apart from the known crash on
>> mipsel&  armel)? Is there anything else that doesn't work in minimals,
>> but should be high on priority list to fix?
>>
>> Mojca

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-06-01 19:36     ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2012-06-01 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Currently if the font has a MathConstants table it is considered a "new
math font".

Regards,
 Khaled

@ 2012-06-04 19:05 ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2012-06-04 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:54:11PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With TL freeze that is probably going to happen tomorrow (plus a few
> days of grace period): what is the current state of problems with math
> fonts, and possibly any other issues (apart from the known crash on
> mipsel & armel)? Is there anything else that doesn't work in minimals,
> but should be high on priority list to fix?

There is the issue with XITS italic correction:

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2012/067237.html

but no answer from Hans yet.

Regards,
 Khaled

* Re: Math & other issues for TL 2012
@ 2012-06-05 15:52   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-05 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-6-2012 21:05, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:54:11PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> With TL freeze that is probably going to happen tomorrow (plus a few
>> days of grace period): what is the current state of problems with math
>> fonts, and possibly any other issues (apart from the known crash on
>> mipsel&  armel)? Is there anything else that doesn't work in minimals,
>> but should be high on priority list to fix?
>
> There is the issue with XITS italic correction:
>
> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2012/067237.html

experimental fix for italics ending math

\setupbodyfont[xits]

\starttext
     \setupmathematics[italics=1] x \ruledhbox{${\cal P}$} x
\ruledhbox{${\cal P x}$} x\par % fontitalics
     \setupmathematics[italics=2] x \ruledhbox{${\cal P}$} x
\ruledhbox{${\cal P x}$} x\par % fontdata
     \setupmathematics[italics=3] x \ruledhbox{${\cal P}$} x
\ruledhbox{${\cal P x}$} x\par % quad based
     \setupmathematics[italics=4] x \ruledhbox{${\cal P}$} x
\ruledhbox{${\cal P x}$} x\par % combination of 1 and 3
\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE