* Confused again :-)
@ 2012-06-07 19:15 Bill Meahan
From: Bill Meahan @ 2012-06-07 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm getting a handle on page layout and headings but there are some
things I haven't figured out.

   1) How does one specify they want the "outer" margin to be a
different size than the "inner" margin? "Outer," of course, is the right
margin on a right-hand (odd) page and the left margin on a left-hand
(even) page.

   2) How does one put a frame around a margin? Layers? Overlay?
\framedtext?

   3) Am I correct I can use the "COMMAND" parameters in \setuplayout to
specify there is some text to use as a marginal in the (chapter |
section) header (using \margintext, I presume)?

I am working on a couple of novels I want to typeset using ConTeXt since
I think it will allow me to produce what I want for typographic style
much easier than using LaTeX.  I'm pretty adept at using LaTeX but brand
new to ConTeXt. One of _my_ problems is so many examples on the wiki
seem oriented towards people setting math which could not be farther
from my intended usages. (Not that I'm unfamiliar with math, I have a
degree in Physics and would have had a double degree in math except for
a choice to take a different course (helpful in physics) instead of one
mandatory for the math degree).

Thanks!

--
Bill Meahan K8QN

"The pessimist complains about the wind;
  the optimist expects it to change;
  the realist adjusts the sails."

-- William Arthur Ward

This message is digitally signed with an X.509 certificate
to prove it is from me and has not been altered since it was sent.