* tables
@ 2012-06-14  8:32 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-14  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

two table mechanisms now have the textwidth (max available width) set to
local which makes it work inside for instance text backgrounds

\starttext

\starttextbackground

     \input ward

     \bTABLE % [textwidth=local]
         \bTR
             \bTD \input ward \eTD
             \bTD \input ward \eTD
         \eTR
     \eTABLE

     \startxtable % [textwidth=local]
         \startxrow
             \startxcell \input ward \stopxcell
             \startxcell \input ward \stopxcell
         \stopxrow
     \stopxtable

\stoptextbackground

\stoptext

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* tables
@ 2012-05-17  8:11 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2012-05-17  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

I started using starttable..\stoptable.

Question: How can I force the table cells to fixed dimensions, for example squares of 1cmx1cm?

I can see \setuptables[height= width= depth=] but that does not take dimensions (error Illegal unit). What it does with the numbers given is not clear to me, because the ConTeXtGarden has no explanation of its effect.

By the way, the page Command/setuptables has the bodyfont parameter occurring twice in the table.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: long paragraph in a table cell
@ 2006-10-28 10:55 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-10-28 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Horacio Suarez wrote:
> helo:
>
> I have a long paragraph in a cell in the fisrt column of a table. I
> need the paragraph uses 2 or 3 lines and the column get narrower,
> because the table is too wide.
>
> Can I force the column width and -at the same time- force the
> paragraph to use 2 o 3 lines?
>
> I use \crlf but it seems that does�n work inside a table.
\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD[width=4cm,lines=3] test test test test \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD[width=4cm,lines=3] test \par test test \par test \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

* Tables
@ 2004-10-28  3:07 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2004-10-28  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

If I want to learn to typeset tables the "Context Way," there are many
references, some old and out dated, some new?

Where should I start (documentation) so that I am working with tables in
Context in the most current up-to-date manner?

* tables
@ 2004-06-22 19:36 dr. Hans van der Meer
From: dr. Hans van der Meer @ 2004-06-22 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does someone knows where there is information on the table environment
in ConTeXt?
I have read the intro on ConTeXt and the pamphlets from the Pragma-site
on tabulate and btable, but there seem to be a lot more options than
can be found in these; I encountered something like \AR etc. whose
effects I could not figure out with some tests.

Also there is some mention of Wichura's manual. Is this somewhere to be
found on the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Hans van der Meer

* tables
@ 2003-02-04 22:19 Roef Ragas
From: Roef Ragas @ 2003-02-04 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

For an invoice I'd like to spread some figures over the page, but I
can't seem to find the argument to make the table use the whole of the
page (or: adjust the width). Is there a way to adjust the size of every
part of a row?

Roef Ragas

[parent not found: <001901c260da$b6e20d00$203f4cd5@michal>]