On 06/19/2012 04:58, Hans Hagen wrote: > On 19-6-2012 06:54, Bill Meahan wrote: > > (Textadept has no realtime log pane so I cannot use it here without > sacrificing too much convenience.) > Might be fixable, at least on *nix system. Textadept 5.4 does allow running processes in a subshell. I'll have to investigate a bit. > on linux it's a bit more complex as you need to figure out where scite > keeps its properties files and that's sort of hard coded in the binary > > (but it does work on linux) Finding the properties files is pretty easy (/usr/local/share/scite/), Not sure where to put the lexers directory, though. I changed ScITEGlobal.properties per the instructions. There is no lpeg.properties file, nothing I've found (so far) in the global file to enable lpeg support. Took a scan of the source code and didn't see anything blindingly obvious. I'll keep searching. > > on osx it's not working as there is no lpeg support provided there > (unfortunately) I'm on a FreeBSD-9.0 system. Since OSX is based on FreeBSD perhaps it is really there but it will take whatever I find out to make it active. I'll let everyone know what I find. Thanks for the response. -- Bill Meahan K8QN "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." -- William Arthur Ward This message is digitally signed with an X.509 certificate to prove it is from me and has not been altered since it was sent.