On 06/19/2012 17:57, Hans Hagen wrote: > On 19-6-2012 23:27, Bill Meahan wrote: >> On 06/19/2012 16:43, Hans Hagen wrote: >> >>> >>> and you can give spell checking a try (you can use mtxrun --script >>> --scite to convert a list with words into one suitable for the context >>> lexers) >>> >>> Hans > fyi: the context lexers do realtime checking in combination with regular > lexing > > Hans > Tried this, ran into problems. 1. Running the command as shown generates a spell-xx.lua file but complains about a spell-xx.lucluac file not being present. 2. The lexer does not load the spell-xx.lua file but will find the spell-xx.txt file and try to use that. 3. English words are only found if the 'xx' is 'uk' while 'en' or 'us' or 'ca' (Canadian) are not found no matter if % language={en | us | ca} (one choice only, I'm just using shorthand here). uk is one particular form of English with particular spelling rules (e.g. 'our' instead of 'or' in words like 'honour' &al. There are also some terms proper in UK English that are not considered proper in US English and vice versa.) If all variants are not allowed, the generic 'en' ought to be used instead of 'uk' as it could be confusing to non-UK users. Ozzies and Kiwis may not mind but Yanks and Canucks do. :-) 4. Every 3-letter word is indicated as misspelled. This may be a side-effect of using the SCOWL word lists as they only deal with words > 3-letters (except for some acronyms). Hence common words like 'was' or 'who' or 'and' are marked as misspelled. 5. Only the first screen-full of text was color-coded. The rest of my document did not even have keyword highlighting. Turning off the spell-checking by removing the 'language=uk' line restored keyword highlighting throughout the whole file. SciTE 3.1.0 on FreeBSD-9.0-i386 The wordlist(s) tried were from SCOWL 7.1 at http://wordlist.sourceforge.net formed by cat en*80 | sort | uniq >spell-uk.txt Yes, that is a big wordlist but decades of doing crosswords has left me with a large vocabulary. ;-) -- Bill Meahan, Westland, Michigan USA “Writing is a combination of intangible creative fantasy and appallingly hard work.” —Anthony Powell This message is digitally signed with an X.509 certificate to prove it is from me and has not been altered since it was sent.