* Incorrect spacing in math
@ 2012-07-09  7:52 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-07-09  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

In mkiv, the spacing of an index in the integral sign, in displayed math, is incorrect since a few weeks: for instance
\starttext
\startformula
\int_{\Omega}f(x)dx = \int_{0}^\infty g(t)dt
\stopformula
\stoptext
gives an Omega which is too far away from the integral sign.
(Using ConTeXt  ver: 2012.07.08 20:02 MKIV  fmt: 2012.7.8  int: english/english).
In mkii there is no bug in this regard.

Is there a quick fix for this? In some of my documents I must use mkiv and the appearance of this bug is a little bit annoying…
(I already reported this bug in June).

Best regards: OK

[-- Attachment #2: math-integral-mkiv-bug.pdf --]

* Re: Incorrect spacing in math
@ 2012-07-09 11:23 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-07-09 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2012-07-09, at 9:52 AM, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> In mkiv, the spacing of an index in the integral sign, in displayed math, is incorrect since a few weeks: for instance
> \starttext
> \startformula
> \int_{\Omega}f(x)dx = \int_{0}^\infty g(t)dt
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
> gives an Omega which is too far away from the integral sign.
> (Using ConTeXt  ver: 2012.07.08 20:02 MKIV  fmt: 2012.7.8  int: english/english).
> In mkii there is no bug in this regard.
>
> Is there a quick fix for this? In some of my documents I must use mkiv and the appearance of this bug is a little bit annoying…
> (I already reported this bug in June).

Does it help if you use an opentype math font? (Sorry but I do not have access to a Context installation right now)

Aditya

* Re: Incorrect spacing in math
@ 2012-07-09 11:37   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-07-09 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your attention: the spacing bug is there no matter the fonts one uses.
The bug appeared some three weeks ago, and the only turn around I have found so far is to use
	\int_{\!\!\!\Omega}f(x)dx
instead of
	\int_{\Omega}f(x)dx
but this is not a solution in a large file which has to be modified all over…
Interestingly the « inline math » does not suffer from th ebug, that is $\int_{\Omega}f(x)dx$ gives the expected result.

Best regards: OK

@ 2012-07-09 22:44     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-07-09 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9-7-2012 13:37, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Aditya,
>
> Thanks for your attention: the spacing bug is there no matter the fonts one uses.
> The bug appeared some three weeks ago, and the only turn around I have found so far is to use
> 	\int_{\!\!\!\Omega}f(x)dx
> instead of
> 	\int_{\Omega}f(x)dx
> but this is not a solution in a large file which has to be modified all over…
> Interestingly the « inline math » does not suffer from th ebug, that is $\int_{\Omega}f(x)dx$ gives the expected result.

we have three cases:

\setupmathematics[integral=nolimits]
\setupmathematics[integral=limits]
\setupmathematics[integral=displaylimits]

the question is what should be default (displaylimits places the limist
a bit lower it seems)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-07-09 22:58     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-07-09 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9-7-2012 13:37, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Aditya,
>
> Thanks for your attention: the spacing bug is there no matter the fonts one uses.
> The bug appeared some three weeks ago, and the only turn around I have found so far is to use
> 	\int_{\!\!\!\Omega}f(x)dx
> instead of
> 	\int_{\Omega}f(x)dx
> but this is not a solution in a large file which has to be modified all over…
> Interestingly the « inline math » does not suffer from th ebug, that is $\int_{\Omega}f(x)dx$ gives the expected result.

the next beta will have:

\setupmathematics[integral=autolimits]

nolimits  displaylimits  limits  autolimits  none

to play with

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE