From: Malte Harder <me@malteharder.de>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Table of Contents & Section Numbering
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:31:15 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear all,

I'm quite new to ConTeXt and I'm just trying to set up a template for my
first project. I'm using MkIV and the ConTeXt Standalone nightlies. I've
encountered the problem that I was not able to create a table of
contents (neither \placelist,\placecontents, with setuplist or without
worked). I do not get any error, but there is also no list generated. I
think, I tried every hint I found on this list.

At that point I thought it might be a problem with the version I'm using
and upgraded to the latest beta. However the problem remains. I'm using
the project features, frontmater/backmatter and custom headers, but also
with everything turned off the placelist does not work? Does anybody
know what the problem could be?

Another problem, which occured only with the latest nightlies, is that
Chapters, Sections and Subsesctions all apparently share the same
counter and simply count up from 1, so the first section has number 2
instead of 1.1 and so on. Is this a temporary bug or did something
change that needs specific setup?

Thanks in advance!
Malte