Dear list, I used to be under the impression that when you wanted a background frame around a piece of text, you'd use a loop over nofmultipars. However, I realized that even when the contained material breaks across pages, the counter remains 1 on the second page. Another issue is that the frame containing the page break has a stray blank line at the end. Is this something that changed recently when switching to the one-pass processing? I have attached the output of beta 2018.09.24 14:11 (which I believe is the latest). Cheers, Henri --- \startuseMPgraphic{pageframe} for i=1 upto nofmultipars : draw (ulcorner multipars[i] -- urcorner multipars[i]) withcolor red ; draw (llcorner multipars[i] -- lrcorner multipars[i]) withcolor red ; label.lft(decimal i, ulcorner multipars[i]) withcolor red ; endfor ; \stopuseMPgraphic \definetextbackground [PageFrame] [mp=pageframe, location=paragraph] \starttext \samplefile{knuth} \starttextbackground[PageFrame] \samplefile{knuth} \stoptextbackground \samplefile{knuth} \starttextbackground[PageFrame] \samplefile{knuth} \samplefile{knuth} \samplefile{knuth} \stoptextbackground \stoptext