* labeltext via lua
@ 2017-02-16 10:36 Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2017-02-16 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

if I define a labeltext via \setuplabeltext[en][test=Something], how can
I access that value via lua?
(context.labeltext obviously prints the content, but doesn't allow me to
use it in lua).

As a related side-request: how can I fix expansion in cases like this:
\startsectionlevel[title=\labeltext{test}] ... this causes the bookmark
to read "test" instead of "Something". \expandafter\startsectionlevel...
didn't cut it.

Best regards
Andreas

* Re: labeltext via lua
@ 2017-02-16 10:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-02-16 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/16/2017 11:36 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hello,
>
> if I define a labeltext via \setuplabeltext[en][test=Something], how can
> I access that value via lua?
> (context.labeltext obviously prints the content, but doesn't allow me to
> use it in lua).

languages.data.labels.texts.appendix.labels.en

look into lang-txt.lua

> As a related side-request: how can I fix expansion in cases like this:
> \startsectionlevel[title=\labeltext{test}] ... this causes the bookmark
> to read "test" instead of "Something". \expandafter\startsectionlevel...
> didn't cut it.
>
> Best regards
> Andreas

* Re: labeltext via lua
@ 2017-02-16 13:12   ` Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2017-02-16 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2017-02-16 11:50, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> languages.data.labels.texts.appendix.labels.en
>
> look into lang-txt.lua

Hello Hans,

I already looked into this and even printed the whole languages.data
table at runtime, but didn't find my keys in there.

Here is an example which apparently doesn't work (or I'm still
overlooking something):

```
\mainlanguage[de]

\setuplabeltext[de][Page=Seite]
\setuplabeltext[en][Page=Page]

\starttext

\startluacode
	local language = languages.numbers[tex.getcount("mainlanguagenumber")]
	local lbl = languages.data.labels.texts["Page"]
	local text
	if lbl == nil then
		text = "[NOT FOUND]"
	else
		text = lbl.labels[language]
	end
	context("For language "..language.." we get "..text)
\stopluacode

\stoptext
```

Thank you very much!

Best regards
Andreas

* Re: labeltext via lua
@ 2017-02-16 13:43     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-02-16 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/16/2017 2:12 PM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 2017-02-16 11:50, schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> languages.data.labels.texts.appendix.labels.en
>>
>> look into lang-txt.lua
>
> Hello Hans,
>
> I already looked into this and even printed the whole languages.data
> table at runtime, but didn't find my keys in there.
>
> Here is an example which apparently doesn't work (or I'm still
> overlooking something):
>
> ```
> \mainlanguage[de]
>
> \setuplabeltext[de][Page=Seite]
> \setuplabeltext[en][Page=Page]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startluacode
>     local language = languages.numbers[tex.getcount("mainlanguagenumber")]
>     local lbl = languages.data.labels.texts["Page"]
>     local text
>     if lbl == nil then
>         text = "[NOT FOUND]"
>     else
>         text = lbl.labels[language]
>     end
>     context("For language "..language.." we get "..text)
> \stopluacode
>
> \stoptext

because additional ones live at the tex end

why not use context.labeltext etc?

Hans

* Re: labeltext via lua
@ 2017-02-16 14:06       ` Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2017-02-16 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2017-02-16 14:43, schrieb Hans Hagen:

> because additional ones live at the tex end
>
> why not use context.labeltext etc?
>
> Hans

`context.labeltext` would immediately print the label, so I cannot use
the value within lua. My workaround would be a crossover between lua and
tex, but that results in the bookmark having the wrong label:

\setuplabeltext[en][test=Something]
\startluacode
context.startsectionlevel{title="\\labeltext[test]"}
-- ...
context.stopsectionlevel()
\stopluacode

The title correctly reads "Something", but the bookmark in the PDF
viewer shows "test".

Best regards,
Andreas

* Re: labeltext via lua
@ 2017-02-16 16:13         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-02-16 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/16/2017 3:06 PM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 2017-02-16 14:43, schrieb Hans Hagen:
>>
>> because additional ones live at the tex end
>>
>> why not use context.labeltext etc?
>>
>> Hans
>
> `context.labeltext` would immediately print the label, so I cannot use
> the value within lua. My workaround would be a crossover between lua and
> tex, but that results in the bookmark having the wrong label:
>
> \setuplabeltext[en][test=Something]
> \startluacode
> context.startsectionlevel{title="\\labeltext[test]"}
> -- ...
> context.stopsectionlevel()
> \stopluacode
>
> The title correctly reads "Something", but the bookmark in the PDF
> viewer shows "test".

also with this?

\enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]

* Re: labeltext via lua
@ 2017-02-17 15:44           ` Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2017-02-17 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2017-02-16 17:13, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 2/16/2017 3:06 PM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>> `context.labeltext` would immediately print the label, so I cannot use
>> the value within lua. My workaround would be a crossover between lua
>> and
>> tex, but that results in the bookmark having the wrong label:
>>
>> \setuplabeltext[en][test=Something]
>> \startluacode
>> context.startsectionlevel{title="\\labeltext[test]"}
>> -- ...
>> context.stopsectionlevel()
>> \stopluacode
>>
>> The title correctly reads "Something", but the bookmark in the PDF
>> viewer shows "test".
>
> also with this?
>
> \enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]

Nope, that works :-)

I certainly can live with that solution. Is there reason to not have
this enabled by default? (I know, there is a slight performance penalty,
but it seems strange that the bookmark defaults to the title, while the
title gets expanded but the bookmark doesn't. In any case, I will try to
figure out where in the wiki this information best belongs to.)

Thank you very much!

Andreas