* Re: OCProperties (mkiv)
@ 2011-05-01 15:15 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-05-01 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday 01/05/2011 at 5:06 pm, Peter Rolf  wrote:

> I was stubborn and found the culprit. The value simply has to be '\ON'
> and not '\On'. That's all.

ok. so pdf_on in this case

* Re: OCProperties (mkiv)
@ 2011-05-01 15:03   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2011-05-01 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.05.2011 13:43, schrieb Peter Rolf:
> Am 01.05.2011 13:14, schrieb Peter Rolf:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> using the 'Report PDF syntax issues'-preflight in Acrobat9 gives a
>> warning about an 'Unexpected value for this key'.
>> I used 'pdf-x4p.mkiv' from /texmf-context/tex/context/test/ as test file.
>> Probably just a warning about a redundancy (see 'PDF Reference, version
>> 1.7.pdf', p376), setting 'BaseState /ON' in combination with '/ON [
>> whatever] /OFF [whatever]'.
>> Removing 'BaseState /ON' results in a flawless PDF.
>>
> ... but results in a
>
> 'Optional content configuration dictionary has no BaseState entry'
>
> when preflighting PDF/X-4p.
>
> Maybe setting 'BaseState' to 'Unchanged' would be an option here, but
> the note in the reference says:
>
> "If BaseState is present in the document's default configuration
> dictionary, its value must be ON."
>
> What a mess!
>
> I think it's better to ignore the preflight warning about BaseState...

I was stubborn and found the culprit. The value simply has to be '\ON'
and not '\On'. That's all.

[lpdf-ren.lua]

local function flushtextlayers()
    if viewerlayers.supported then
        if pagelayers then
            pdfflushobject(pagelayersreference,pagelayers)
        end
        for i=1,#cache do
            local ci = cache[i]
            pdfflushobject(ci[1],ci[2])
        end
        if textlayers and #textlayers > 0 then -- we can group them if
needed, like: layout
            local d = pdfdictionary {
                OCGs = textlayers,
                D    = pdfdictionary {
                    Name      = "Document",
                    Order     = (viewerlayers.hasorder and textlayers)
or nil,
                    ON        = videlayers,
                    OFF       = hidelayers,
                    BaseState = pdfconstant("ON"),
                },
            }
            lpdf.addtocatalog("OCProperties",d)
            textlayers = nil
        end
    end
end

>> Regards, Peter

* Re: OCProperties (mkiv)
@ 2011-05-01 11:43 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2011-05-01 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.05.2011 13:14, schrieb Peter Rolf:
> Hi Hans,
>
> using the 'Report PDF syntax issues'-preflight in Acrobat9 gives a
> warning about an 'Unexpected value for this key'.
> I used 'pdf-x4p.mkiv' from /texmf-context/tex/context/test/ as test file.
> Probably just a warning about a redundancy (see 'PDF Reference, version
> 1.7.pdf', p376), setting 'BaseState /ON' in combination with '/ON [
> whatever] /OFF [whatever]'.
> Removing 'BaseState /ON' results in a flawless PDF.

... but results in a

'Optional content configuration dictionary has no BaseState entry'

when preflighting PDF/X-4p.

Maybe setting 'BaseState' to 'Unchanged' would be an option here, but
the note in the reference says:

"If BaseState is present in the document's default configuration
dictionary, its value must be ON."

What a mess!

I think it's better to ignore the preflight warning about BaseState...

> Regards, Peter

* OCProperties (mkiv)
@ 2011-05-01 11:14 Peter Rolf