* temporary changes to the layout - \startlocal undefined
@ 2021-02-16 15:29 Werner Hennrich
From: Werner Hennrich @ 2021-02-16 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Everybody,

I need to increase my header's space temporarily
and according to pg 99 of context_an_excursion "\startlocal ...
\stoplocal" is the way to go -
unfortunately my LMTX (2021.02.02 15:49) disagrees:

     \setuppapersize[A4][A4]
     \setuplayout[
         header=15mm,
     ]
     \starttext

     \input tufte
     \page

     \startlocal
     \setuplayout[header+=20mm]
     \input tufte
     \stoplocal
     \page

     \input tufte
     \stoptext

This fails:

     tex error       > tex error on line XX in file ./local-layout.tex:
Undefined control sequence
     XX >> \startlocal

Do I need to load something in order to use this?
Or has it been completely removed?
And if so, is there a new alternative method to do the same thing?

I was unable to find anything on this topic
except https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg63602.html
which raises the same question already in 2012 but never answers it IMHO.

Thank you very much,
Werner

* Re: temporary changes to the layout - \startlocal undefined
@ 2021-02-16 16:21 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-02-16 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Werner Hennrich schrieb am 16.02.2021 um 16:29:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I need to increase my header's space temporarily
> and according to pg 99 of context_an_excursion "\startlocal ...
> \stoplocal" is the way to go -
> unfortunately my LMTX (2021.02.02 15:49) disagrees:
>
>      \setuppapersize[A4][A4]
>      \setuplayout[
>          header=15mm,
>      ]
>      \starttext
>
>      \input tufte
>      \page
>
>      \startlocal
>      \setuplayout[header+=20mm]
>      \input tufte
>      \stoplocal
>      \page
>
>      \input tufte
>      \stoptext
>
> This fails:
>
>      tex error       > tex error on line XX in file ./local-layout.tex:
> Undefined control sequence
>      XX >> \startlocal
>
> Do I need to load something in order to use this?
> Or has it been completely removed?
> And if so, is there a new alternative method to do the same thing?
>
> I was unable to find anything on this topic
> except https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg63602.html
> which raises the same question already in 2012 but never answers it IMHO.

Create a named layout (\definelayout[...]) and use it:

\setuplayout
   [header=15mm]

\definelayout
   [extraheader]
   [header=35mm]

\showframe

\starttext

\input tufte

\startlayout[extraheader]
\input tufte
\stoplayout

\input tufte

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: temporary changes to the layout - \startlocal undefined
@ 2021-02-16 17:54   ` Werner Hennrich
From: Werner Hennrich @ 2021-02-16 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

*great*, that looks clean and useful -
thank you very much Wolfgang!