From: Thomas A.Schmitz <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: Beginnner's question: fumbling with font finding failures.
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:53:06 +0200	[thread overview]

Glad you're enjoying your ConTeXt experience. Believe me: it's a great
macro package, and it will grow on you.

To answer your question:  What you did is basically correct, however,
there is a tiny mistake in the code in s-mag01.tex. The font
declaration doesn't work out of the box with a current TeX distribution
(I have lost track of all the changes in TDS etc. during the last
months). I used the module a few days ago and meant to write a note to
Hans, but then forgot. The easiest fix is:
1. Open s-mag-01.tex (which on your box, if you use Gerben Wierda's
installer, should be in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/s-mag-01.tex

2. Locate the lines

\usetypescript
   [palatino][\defaultencoding]

\setupbodyfont
   [palatino,10pt]

3. Just before them, insert this line:
\usetypescript[adobekb][\defaultencoding]

4. Save the file and rerun, and you should be in business.

Good luck!

Thomas